PDA

View Full Version : PB White Diamond Glaze questions...

Pages : [1] 2

sportscarhiatus
12-08-2010, 05:09 PM
Wanted to try this product out on my Pearl White paint, since I've read some good reviews. Had a few questions to those who have used it. I plan to use it AFTER my final jewelling step of PO85RD with a gray or blue LC pad.

What LC pad should I use with my PC/Flex to apply White Diamond (WD)? Since I used blue already with the 85RD, would seem foolish to go to a gray pad that has a very slight cut over the blue pad. So I was hoping that using the blue pad with the glaze shoud work??? But maybe it won't break down using a blue pad???

What speed is recommended with the PC or Flex? Worked in until it hazes up? or till it disappears and actual glosses up?

Anyone else use this product? How do you like it? Any other tips as to application?

Pockets@PoorboysWorld
12-08-2010, 05:20 PM
Use your softest pad and work it in on a low speed 1 or 2 with a couple slow overlapping passes you will see it gloss up and disappear. Than buff right off and enjoy!

Make sure you top it with some protection as well

aznwhip
12-08-2010, 05:50 PM
I use 5.5 blue flat pad for when I use PB White Diamond on speed 3 on PC. Works out well.

sportscarhiatus
12-08-2010, 06:58 PM
Use your softest pad and work it in on a low speed 1 or 2 with a couple slow overlapping passes you will see it gloss up and disappear. Than buff right off and enjoy!

Thanks Pockets... I will plan on using an LC CCS Blue Pad, on setting 2, then go on a 2 x 2 section. As far as LSP's, are there certain ones that White Diamond doesn't play nicely to? I was planning to use either Sig Series II or Supernatural.

sal329
12-08-2010, 07:22 PM
Let us know how you like it and if it adds anything after jeweling. I am looking at white diamond or black hole. Both of your choice of waxes are great on white, SN will last longer

BobbyG
12-08-2010, 07:39 PM

I was wondering this myself!

Great information!! :props:

Rob T
12-08-2010, 10:46 PM
I don't know anything about this product. Is it specifically designed for white paint?

Da Fats
12-08-2010, 10:57 PM
it is ment for white silver gold..... anything metallic.... any color you want to brighten. I use this and pb black hole on friends cars a lot to amp em up a little when correction is not an option. Black hole for anything you want to darken.... blues greens black reds yellows.... I use white diamond on metallic and light colors. I like it a lot ant since its acrylic it plays nice with almost everything out there. Just avoid cleaner products after it.

P.S. please let us know if it improves after ur jeweling step

TornadoRed
12-08-2010, 11:00 PM
I plan to use it AFTER my final jewelling step of PO85RD with a gray or blue LC pad.

I new to detailing, so please forgive me for asking...

I'm interested in using Black Hole, so I've been looking for tips, but this has me puzzled. I thought White Diamond Glaze was for paint with imperfections. So what purpose would using this have after removing the imperfections? Or am I not understanding what jeweling is?

Thanks.

Dr Oldz
12-08-2010, 11:11 PM
If you used 85rd is PBWD even worth the effort? I was under the assumption that PBWD is a glaze with fillers in it? Obviously if you are using 85rd you did all the proper polishing steps and should have no swirles to fill in????? Or are there gloss enhancing agents in the PBWD that can make the proper use of 85rd look even better???

sportscarhiatus
12-08-2010, 11:53 PM
Let us know how you like it and if it adds anything after jeweling. I am looking at white diamond or black hole. Both of your choice of waxes are great on white, SN will last longer

I will definitely let you guys know. I too am curious if it adds any more depth or gloss after jewelling with 85rd.

I don't know anything about this product. Is it specifically designed for white paint?

What's up Rob... From my understanding, White Diamond is meant for metallic and light colored paints. It's supposed to make flakes really pop out and help brighten up paint... making it appear clearer.

it is ment for white silver gold..... anything metallic.... any color you want to brighten. I use this and pb black hole on friends cars a lot to amp em up a little when correction is not an option. Black hole for anything you want to darken.... blues greens black reds yellows.... I use white diamond on metallic and light colors. I like it a lot ant since its acrylic it plays nice with almost everything out there. Just avoid cleaner products after it.

P.S. please let us know if it improves after ur jeweling step

I did NOT know it was acrylic-based. Shows you that I need to do even more research. So, being acrylic-based, does that mean it's more compatible with more sealants and nubas??? or mainly sealants? I am really curious if someone has had experience with what LSPs do NOT play nicely with WD. (hence my question to Pockets above. Hopefully he will chime in)

I new to detailing, so please forgive me for asking...

I'm interested in using Black Hole, so I've been looking for tips, but this has me puzzled. I thought White Diamond Glaze was for paint with imperfections. So what purpose would using this have after removing the imperfections? Or am I not understanding what jeweling is?

Thanks.

If you used 85rd is PBWD even worth the effort? I was under the assumption that PBWD is a glaze with fillers in it? Obviously if you are using 85rd you did all the proper polishing steps and should have no swirles to fill in????? Or are there gloss enhancing agents in the PBWD that can make the proper use of 85rd look even better???

I am wondering this myself, hence my inquiries as to how to use it and when to use it. From the research that I have done on this forum and others, WD is supposed to amp up the gloss and help with the wetness factor. I saw a thread somewhere, that had a pic of a white hood before WD and after... It was clear that the WD after showed better/clearer reflections of items in the garage. This was supposedly done AFTER the final jeweling.

EDIT Here is the thread that I read that showed a clear difference between before and after WD on a white hood. Pay attention to the reflections, esp. those of the bikes and the flourescent light. In the after pic, all items are much clearer and crisper and more defined.

PB White Diamond Quick Upate/Pics - F150online Forums (http://www.f150online.com/forums/care-detailing/328140-pb-white-diamond-quick-upate-pics.html)

Yes, I plan on going through the proper polishing steps to ensure a swirl-free finish as much as possible, but I was hoping to use WD for two main reasons:

1) Brighten paint further, and bring out flakes even more.... hopefully make paint appear wetter.

2) If by chance there are deeper RIDS that I don't want to cut deeper to remove, WD will help hide it...

With that, is there anyone out there who is a firm believer in WD, even after proper polishing? Or am I truly wasting my efforts???Feed back please

Dr Oldz
12-09-2010, 12:25 AM
Maybe Pockets or Mike Phillips can shed some light on this! Personally I have never used anything besides a LSP after using 85rd! I have a feeling that they will say PBWD or BH are a great product to use when you don't wanna polish and remove any paint or clear coat and still have a swirl free finish but I'm not sure! Very interesting thread you have here, sportscarhiatus!!!!!

WRAPT C5Z06
12-09-2010, 02:35 AM
I've never considered using a glaze after polishing. A glaze might be best suited for car shows and such. I don't want anything on my paint prior to applying the LSP. JMO.

BobbyG
12-09-2010, 05:44 AM
Well, I have to say I have to agree with this too.

Normally after the polish I either seal or wax, or both but never considered a glaze after a fine polish...

sportscarhiatus
12-09-2010, 08:16 AM
Interesting..... so EXPERTS... chime in please ;) Is a glaze such as WD or BH worth it or necessary after final step in polishing? I understand that if I STILL have some deep RIDS or other imperfections that I chose NOT to remove because I would have to remove too much clear, the glaze would help hide it...I understand that aspect.

However, on RIDS-free and swirl-free paint (after final step polishing), does using a glaze STILL make a difference? does it add more gloss/depth??? I was under the impression that it does, no matter how little. To us experienced detailers, every little bit helps. And if the glaze is compatible with any LSP, then EVEN better... I should have no bonding issues.

THOUGHTS?