PDA

View Full Version : '91 F150 Single Stage Questions

J1nx93
12-07-2010, 10:48 PM
So, I just bought myself a 7424XP! I have a 91 F150 that is in GREAT condition compared to any other truck around here. It has single stage paint which comes off onto rags and applicators whenever I work on it! /: I love the thing to death but it makes all my wonderful microfibers and such turn red! I have microfiber rejuvenate stuff that I've used which doesn't even remove it. My question is what's the best and least aggressive way to clean all my rags and also my pads when I start to use those?
Another question: It has slight swirls and scratches which I'd like to try to fix with the polisher once it gets spring time. Right now the thing is filthy from all the winter but I try my best to keep it clean. Bottom line is, which swirl remover should I get? I see a BOGO on the XMT products so I just got ready to buy the 3.0 and the XMT 360, but the XMT 360 won't add to the cart!

Thanks,
Tom

TheCougarGuy
12-08-2010, 08:25 AM
Tom, first off...Beautiful truck!!! :xyxthumbs: I have a 91 F150 as well but she doesn't look so good anymore after all the Michigan winters.

I use Griot's Garage Microfiber Cleaner with good results although I don't think Autogeek carries that particular product.

Micro Fiber & Foam Pad Cleaner, 35 Ounces - Griot's Garage (http://www.griotsgarage.com/product/car+care/car+drying/micro+fiber+and+foam+pad+cleaner+35+ounces.do)

J1nx93
12-13-2010, 07:18 PM
Tom, first off...Beautiful truck!!! :xyxthumbs: I have a 91 F150 as well but she doesn't look so good anymore after all the Michigan winters.

I use Griot's Garage Microfiber Cleaner with good results although I don't think Autogeek carries that particular product.

Micro Fiber & Foam Pad Cleaner, 35 Ounces - Griot's Garage (http://www.griotsgarage.com/product/car+care/car+drying/micro+fiber+and+foam+pad+cleaner+35+ounces.do)

Thanks man. I had used micro restore but it didn't rid the color too well. I had even put some in a bucket and tossed the towels in it with water.