PDA

View Full Version : 11 hour detail, tint, and clear bra on 2011 STi

Pages : [1] 2

OCDetails
12-07-2010, 05:12 PM
[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_GxDbv9EG88]YouTube - 2011 STi Wash, Detail, WindowTint and Clear Bra in 2 Minutes[/video]

Kind of a neat looking video. I don't think it should have taken 11 hours, personally. With the number of guys they had working on it I would say it should have been done in 8 hours tops. I mean, it was a brand new white car, so the detail couldn't have taken that long. Window tint shouldn't have taken more than two or three hours max. Same for the clear bra. I'm just not seeing 11 hours worth of work there.

john F
12-07-2010, 05:22 PM
Pretty neat video. Really glad Subaru ditched the wagon STi.

JonMiles
12-07-2010, 05:27 PM
Awesome video, I was trying to resist getting up and dancing to the music the whole time. My only criticism on the video is the lack of a before shot of the car, it looked as though they just did a quick 1-step on the paint. Also 3+ people worked on the car and 2 were polishing at the same time so 11 hours is incredibly long. My window tint guy can get a car tinted perfectly in 2-3 hours with no problem. I have seen him do clear bras in less than that.

Overall fun to watch and thanks for posting for everyone to see.

PSM06STI
12-07-2010, 05:27 PM
Cool video! At least it looks like a million bucks after the 11 hours!!!

Flash Gordon
12-07-2010, 05:28 PM
If they were really pros they would've corrected the paint before applying the clear bra

PSM06STI
12-07-2010, 05:35 PM
We all knew they were going to bring the sedan back some day!!!

P.S. The Sti hatch is still available, you just have a choice now.

PSM06STI
12-07-2010, 05:38 PM
If they were really pros they would've corrected the paint before applying the clear bra
Geez... I feel like I am jacking this thread, but, at least in the sequence of the video, they did correct the paint before they applied the clear bra.

Flash Gordon
12-07-2010, 05:49 PM
Geez... I feel like I am jacking this thread, but, at least in the sequence of the video, they did correct the paint before they applied the clear bra.

They did? I watched the first 10 seconds and shut it down. According to there title it was "wash,tint & clear bra" maybe they should've added correction to there tile

A.P.A.D.
12-07-2010, 06:36 PM
cool vid...always wanted to do video my work and then have a fast forward version so people can see the extent of the work i do. hats off to you guys!

OCDetails
12-08-2010, 04:03 PM

Werd. I just wish the insurance on those suckers wasn't so freaking high. I'm 34, married, no tickets, perfect credit, and whatever else you can have to get the best rates, and yet the insurance on one of those would still be just about as much as the car payment. lol They need to get STi to whip up a Legacy and then I'll be there. ;)

PSM06STI
12-08-2010, 06:44 PM
Werd. I just wish the insurance on those suckers wasn't so freaking high. I'm 34, married, no tickets, perfect credit, and whatever else you can have to get the best rates, and yet the insurance on one of those would still be just about as much as the car payment. lol They need to get STi to whip up a Legacy and then I'll be there. ;)
Damn, really? I have really been thinking about trading in my 04 for a new Sti. That sucks. I have played that stupid insurance rate game before, and I am not going to do it again... even if that means no new Sti!

There is a Legacy Sti overseas man! Just import one! HAHA! There is even the S402 Version that is supposed to be absolute hell on wheels! What Subaru needs to do is just stop being so damn stingy with all the good cars!!!

http://www.nihoncar.com/review_pics/487/review.jpg

STI4Life06
12-11-2010, 02:12 AM

Insurance all depends but, I'm 21 with 06 sti, one ticket, and I pay $148/month. What did they quote you for?

vet
12-11-2010, 10:35 AM
When I came back from the service, the insurance on an R/T was as much for a year as the car cost! I was told not to go over 400 cubic inches, and no "performance" cars, ie GTO, GT, SS, etc. It was OK if I got a Nova or Chevelle with a 396, but NOT a SS-396. Go figure. The decals and stripes must make it go too fast. I finally got a used 383 Dodge Charger (not R/T) that really flew, but could insure. That was 40 years ago, and I see insurance companies haven't got any smarter.

asukadc
12-11-2010, 01:42 PM
cool vid, this reminds me of the 08 i detailed.

i love my 2010 sti wagon =)

asukadc
12-11-2010, 01:44 PM
as for insurance, really just gotta shop around to find the best deal ...