PDA

View Full Version : Great idea!

Pages : [1] 2

slickooz
12-07-2010, 12:37 PM
While I was walking my dog, I had a great idea on how to raise some money for this dog rescue group where I found my 1st dog.

When spring comes along I want to see if I can set up a raffle in the local Petsmart for a Free detailing job, which includes wash 2 bucket with grit guard, clay entire car, wax, dress tires and vacuum inside and clean windows.

Total value around 150 dollar. Want to donate my service to his group because they need all the money they can get. How does selling raffles for 10 bucks each sounds? 100% of it will go to the rescue group where I found my best friend.

I always wanted to do something for them beside giving them few bucks every time I see them.

If I can get a hold of a garage I'll prob would do it sooner then spring. Its always good to give back and its perfect timing for the holidays.

Scott DeBrun
12-07-2010, 12:38 PM
That sounds like a great idea good luck.

slickooz
12-07-2010, 01:08 PM
This is Miles. He was around 1-2 when we got him. They said he was a stray and had been abused. We had him for about 3 years, he still has trust issue with strangers.
http://i738.photobucket.com/albums/xx21/slickooz/IMG_0261.jpg

This is him enjoying his favorite treats Bully Sticks.
http://i738.photobucket.com/albums/xx21/slickooz/IMG_0634.jpg

I don't know why someone would give up a dog this great. We was lucky enough to of found him.

Rsurfer
12-07-2010, 02:18 PM
While I was walking my dog, I had a great idea on how to raise some money for this dog rescue group where I found my 1st dog.

When spring comes along I want to see if I can set up a raffle in the local Petsmart for a Free detailing job, which includes wash 2 bucket with grit guard, clay entire car, wax, dress tires and vacuum inside and clean windows.

Total value around 150 dollar. Want to donate my service to his group because they need all the money they can get. How does selling raffles for 10 bucks each sounds? 100% of it will go to the rescue group where I found my best friend.

I always wanted to do something for them beside giving them few bucks every time I see them.

If I can get a hold of a garage I'll prob would do it sooner then spring. Its always good to give back and its perfect timing for the holidays.
Great idea, now make it happen. Good Luck!:props:

Porsche Pilot
12-07-2010, 04:48 PM
Rock on with it! I will send you ten bucks just for the cause. When we put my 17 year old spaniel down last year we started a scholarship type fund where we will pay for a needy family to have their pet taken care of if they could not afford it. It goes for anything, surgery, checkups, whatever. Love the animals! Dont get me wrong though, I will do some serious damage to a cow or chicken.

tuscarora dave
12-07-2010, 04:53 PM
Rock on with it! I will send you ten bucks just for the cause. When we put my 17 year old spaniel down last year we started a scholarship type fund where we will pay for a needy family to have their pet taken care of if they could not afford it. It goes for anything, surgery, checkups, whatever. Love the animals! Dont get me wrong though, I will do some serious damage to a cow or chicken.
What a selfless thing to do.:urtheman:

Slickooz, My hat is off to you for wanting to do this. It is also a good way to get your name out there.

zliegen
12-07-2010, 04:59 PM
Good luck :) I think its a great idea

slickooz
12-07-2010, 06:21 PM

Sorry for your loss. I hope my little guys can live that long, we also adopted a puppy Maltese and Pomeranian, which is now only a year old. Very good thing your doing because many family are struggling in these tough time. Losing or giving up a dog is very hard especially if you love them.

LuxuryMobile
12-07-2010, 06:33 PM
This is a great idea. Ive done some detail packages as donations for silent auctions and have always received more customers than the free give away. People like to see companies give back.

Flash Gordon
12-07-2010, 06:35 PM
Splendid plan. Now follow through :props:

dad07
12-07-2010, 06:39 PM
Splendid plan. Now follow through :props::iagree: You get it set in stone i'll match Pilots Offer!

A.P.A.D.
12-07-2010, 06:40 PM
awesome idea! my wife and i love dogs. rescued a german shephard and a pit bull.

Flash Gordon
12-07-2010, 06:51 PM
:iagree: You get it set in stone i'll match Pilots Offer!

I have a ten spot I will contribute also. Now video tape the auction and post up your bidder Im the MAN

Porsche Pilot
12-07-2010, 07:38 PM
Ok Slick, get yourself a paypal account so we can send some dough for the cause. All we need is an email account to send it to. Let's get these critters taken care of!

dad07
12-07-2010, 07:46 PM
Ok Slick, get yourself a paypal account so we can send some dough for the cause. All we need is an email account to send it to. Let's get these critters taken care of!
:whs: