PDA

View Full Version : Ice Scrapers in Fla?

Pages : [1] 2 3

Meghan
12-07-2010, 08:23 AM
Ok I admit I was a bit surprised to come outside this morning and see ice all over my car!
http://www.autogeekonline.net/gallery/data/703/medium/IMG00385-20101207-0656_1_.JPG

Then I realized I don't own an ice scraper!!! So I used a foil wrapper to break it up, turned on the heat in the car and went back inside for another cup of coffee. This is NOT why I moved to Fla!
http://www.autogeekonline.net/gallery/data/703/medium/IMG00386-20101207-0707_1_.JPG

But I can really understand now the painful process all of you up north must go through in the morning. I am glad we only have to experience it a few days a year!

bulldog shine
12-07-2010, 08:31 AM
I only had a little ice on the gulf coast.

Mike Phillips
12-07-2010, 08:42 AM
That's a lot of ice Meghan...

I went out to warm up my truck this morning and had to scrape the ice off the windshield and my seat... I used my finger to write the word "ice" in the ice on my seat and then took this picture with my cell phone.

http://www.autogeekonline.net/gallery/data/715/ConvertibleInFlorida01.jpg

The good news is it warmed up by the time I got to work...

http://www.autogeekonline.net/gallery/data/715/ConvertibleInFlorida02.jpg

:xyxthumbs:

gewb
12-07-2010, 08:45 AM
In a pinch, use the edge of a credit card for that small amount of ice.

Leaving your car running, unattended, to warm up is against the law in most (all?) of Colorado - called a "puffer" and is a prime target for thieves.

Regards,
GEWB

Dubbin1
12-07-2010, 08:52 AM
You crazy Floridians, that's not ice its a light frost :D

Meghan
12-07-2010, 08:55 AM
In a pinch, use the edge of a credit card for that small amount of ice.

Leaving your car running, unattended, to warm up is against the law in most (all?) of Colorado - called a "puffer" and is a prime target for thieves.

Regards,
GEWB

Luckily I leave next door to a crazy man that sits out in his garage and watches the neighborhood for us... he lets you know if a cat walks in your yard. Not sure he ever goes inside to sleep, but he is great for a security guard for all of us.

BobbyG
12-07-2010, 08:55 AM
Meghan,

Since you love the New England Patriots and their double serving of humble pie to the Jets last night we wanted to make you feel right at home..............for an hour or so!! :laughing:

I think ice scrapers are available through Autogeek, what their number...Im the MAN

ICEMAN
12-07-2010, 08:59 AM
hahahahahahaha, u guys call that ice!

and Mike, i hate you for posting that last picture of your truck in the sun... I HATE YOU!!!!!

hehehe

Meghan
12-07-2010, 09:02 AM
Meghan,

Since you love the New England Patriots and their double serving of humble pie to the Jets last night we wanted to make you feel right at home..............for an hour or so!! :laughing:

I think ice scrapers are available through Autogeek, what their number...Im the MAN

What a game last night!!! I have to say I feel for the Jets, it just wasn't going their way last night!
And yes this morning I thought how ironic, I work where we sell tons of ice scrapers and I am using a foil wrapper to clean my windshield.... on that note I am heading to the warehouse to borrow one for my car!!

NBD
12-07-2010, 09:08 AM
Got to love auto start -- In New Jersey by me it was 27 degrees this morning..

brrr

sullysdetailing
12-07-2010, 09:11 AM
Ice in FL is nice and moist easy to get off now what a pain is when there 1'' thick ice on the car after and ice storm :(

ICEMAN
12-07-2010, 09:13 AM
Got to love auto start -- In New Jersey by me it was 27 degrees this morning..

brrr

the best is a Factory Remote start if you have the electronic dual temp controls ni your vehicle. When i start my truck, it sets the controls to "automatic" so it doesnt matter what i had it set on before, it will adjust it to the temp outside. So if i didnt have the heat on high on the way home from work in the afternoon, itll still turn it on the next morning if i forget to set it. thats one thing i hated about just a regular remote start compared to OEM. But i do only have a 2-300 foot range with the OEM compared to the 3000ft i had before. but that hasnt become a problem yet...

Flash Gordon
12-07-2010, 09:18 AM
So much for Al Gores theory. Hi here today is 38 :nomore:

Flash Gordon
12-07-2010, 09:20 AM
Luckily I leave next door to a crazy man that sits out in his garage and watches the neighborhood for us... he lets you know if a cat walks in your yard. Not sure he ever goes inside to sleep, but he is great for a security guard for all of us.

Your neighbor sounds like me Im the MAN

ROMEO
12-07-2010, 09:40 AM
the best is a Factory Remote start if you have the electronic dual temp controls ni your vehicle. When i start my truck, it sets the controls to "automatic" so it doesnt matter what i had it set on before, it will adjust it to the temp outside. So if i didnt have the heat on high on the way home from work in the afternoon, itll still turn it on the next morning if i forget to set it. thats one thing i hated about just a regular remote start compared to OEM. But i do only have a 2-300 foot range with the OEM compared to the 3000ft i had before. but that hasnt become a problem yet...

I love my remote start too, but mine is not an OEM, I can program it so that if the temp inside the car drops too much in the winter, or it gets too hight in the summer, it will automatically start the car, it also reads the battery, so if it has not been started for too long, and the battery is getting too low, it starts the car as well.

And I have up to a mile on the remote control, but unlimited distance with my iPhone, as long as the car is within the US, no matter where I'm at, (as long as I have reception), I can control the remote starter, and unlock the car, and if the alarm trigers, I get a text message on the iPhone letting me know what, and where.

And what you guys talking about ice??? That looks like someone dropped a snow cone... :D