PDA

View Full Version : Favorite car smell?

Pages : [1] 2 3

hyu
12-07-2010, 02:50 AM
I tried to searching it on the forums and it yielded nothing. I'm getting tired of my usual crayon smelling interior of my car.

While working (valet) I've notice allot of people have "black ice" trees hanging in their cars. Does anyone else think it smells of cheap cologne?

Personally I like the smell of squash fresheners
http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/31tE7bXeI1L._SL500_AA280_.jpg
But they are expensive at like 10-15 dollars.

Any personal preferences ? Feed back please

ROMEO
12-07-2010, 02:56 AM
I also hate the trees hanging on the rear view mirrors, and I'm not familiar with the squash fresheners, but I just got some poorboys vanilla air freshener, and really like it!!! So far, everyone that has gotten in my and my wife's car has made a comment about it... So far, I'm sold on it.

How long do those last for? If they las a while, then the price might not be that bad.

hyu
12-07-2010, 03:00 AM
I've bought two so far but they were inconsistent. One lasted 6months and the other one was 2months.

Right now I have a Chinese-take out box hanging in my review mirror as a gag that I might end up filling with potpourri lol.

I also used these as well since they were .99 cent and I'd put them in my cup holder
http://www.deals4dummies.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/08/glade-solid.gif
Left gym/work clothes in my car and was smelling mighty ripe.

ROMEO
12-07-2010, 03:37 AM
I used to use the oil ones that you can put on the vents, I think they are from glade too, don't remember, but they did ok.

I try to keep my cup holders clear so I have room for smokes and coffee.

P.S. Where in Orlando do you live at? I used to live in Altamonte Springs, and Winter Park, I have some family there and go all the time.

jimmyjam
12-07-2010, 04:43 AM
While working (valet) I've notice allot of people have "black ice" trees hanging in their cars. Does anyone else think it smells of cheap cologne?
I totally agree with you, I have a client that I think messes with me, because I wash his car weekly and I always tell that it stinks, I did at first respect the fact that it's his vehicle, but I told him about other products. The next time I picked up his car he had four of them black devils hanging from his turning signal, so I throw them every week and he buys them every week, for the past year. Try Poorboys air fresheners the smell really good and last! I applied a squirt of pina colada in my 06 Si 2 1/2 weeks ago and it still smells great, it's not strong at all, it's a fresh slight hint of sweet pina. They have vanilla, green apple, pina colada and leather scents.

Flash Gordon
12-07-2010, 06:47 AM
I don't like any odors...just clean

BobbyG
12-07-2010, 07:06 AM
With a thread titled; "Favorite car smell", If I were a jokster, which I am, I could have allot of fun with this! :laughing:

I think one of my favorite interior "scents" is leather. It's a nice natural scent pleasant and easy on the nose.

There are also some oils that are available and just a drop on a mat or under the seat lasts for quite a while.

Redneckmafia
12-07-2010, 08:01 AM
We use a product called "Wonder Waffers" and another one called Auto scents waffers. Clean car and leather scents.After we finish the detail just toss one under a seat and the fragrance last for weeks....

SeaJay's
12-07-2010, 08:35 AM
Right now I'm using the Poorboys Leather and I really like it. My gf didn't really like it, she'd rather stick with the Frebreze.

Larry A
12-07-2010, 10:08 AM
My favoret car smell is a new car smell. To bad you have to buy a new car to get it.

dublifecrisis
12-07-2010, 10:12 AM
Lol.....crayon smell = VW

ShineTimeDetail
12-07-2010, 10:32 AM
I give my brother crap for those ice freshners all the time. I think they stink! I tried getting the leather sample freshner from pb but I got the vanilla:( lol. But I have a leather conditioner I love the smell of! So needless to say I'm glad I have leather seats lol

kronos
12-07-2010, 10:40 AM
Another vote for preferring a clean smell. No artificial fresheners in my cars. :nomore:

hyu
12-07-2010, 10:58 AM
I used to use the oil ones that you can put on the vents, I think they are from glade too, don't remember, but they did ok.

I try to keep my cup holders clear so I have room for smokes and coffee.

P.S. Where in Orlando do you live at? I used to live in Altamonte Springs, and Winter Park, I have some family there and go all the time.
I live in West Orlando near SeaWorld :dblthumb2: But I occasionally go to my car club's meeting in Maitland and Cars and Cafe =)

Lol.....crayon smell = VW
Ha its not as bad as the older Mk's but there is def a hint of cheap resin =/

A4 1.8tqm
12-07-2010, 11:25 AM
I too use the Squash, in fact I've had that scent in my car for nearly a decade. Look at the little side compartment of my trunk, it's full of old refills... LOL I'll never get tired of it!

http://i550.photobucket.com/albums/ii437/dave22234/Mobile%20Uploads/IMG_9518.jpg

Refills at my local Acura dealer are ~$8.50. I sent one to Meghan in hopes that it might be carried by AG. I also added it to the "Products AG should carry" thread, we need more votes for SQUASH!!! :props:

My other favorite scent for my car is Pinnacle Leather Cleaner & Conditioner (http://www.autogeek.net/pileclco.html), I really like the leather smell.