PDA

View Full Version : Natty Won't Come Off

NoleFan
12-06-2010, 07:17 PM
:( I finally got my garage cleaned out enough to get my truck in there to wash, and of course it looks like it was too cold for me to apply Natty Blue on the truck. It is 42 degrees now and going to get colder. I am going to go hook up some heaters real quick and see if that helps.

But as it is, it isn't coming off. I am even trying to used ONR QD but no go. Any different suggestions???

Thanks guys and gals!

NoleFan
12-06-2010, 07:31 PM
By the way it has been sitting for over an hour and a half so far.

TLC Auto Detail
12-06-2010, 07:32 PM
try an IPA wipe down. It should remove it, but it will also remove it's protection. Best to wait and apply an LSP in the propper conditions.

NoleFan
12-06-2010, 07:33 PM
try an IPA wipe down. It should remove it, but it will also remove it's protection. Best to wait and apply an LSP in the propper conditions.

I will try an IPA wipe down. What about a spray wax for right now? Think that will go on ok? I have EagleOne Nano spray wax.

TLC Auto Detail
12-06-2010, 07:34 PM
It might, but I doubt it. From my experience sleants and waxes don't like sub 50* temps. Give it a try on a small section to see how it works. Good luck!

NoleFan
12-06-2010, 07:39 PM
It might, but I doubt it. From my experience sleants and waxes don't like sub 50* temps. Give it a try on a small section to see how it works. Good luck!

I guess I will be riding with no protection for now. It should warm back up in a week or so. Thanks! :props:

TLC Auto Detail
12-06-2010, 07:41 PM
I guess I will be riding with no protection for now. It should warm back up in a week or so. Thanks! :props:
No problem, good luck and hopefully you get it all taken care of. It wouldn't hurt to give the spray wax a try, but like I said just test a spot in case it doesn't work. :dblthumb2:

NoleFan
12-06-2010, 08:17 PM
No problem, good luck and hopefully you get it all taken care of. It wouldn't hurt to give the spray wax a try, but like I said just test a spot in case it doesn't work. :dblthumb2:

Ok, I did a mineral spirits wipe down followed by an APC wipe down and that did the trick.

Thanks again!

ScottB
12-06-2010, 08:26 PM
try a detail spray or ONR as possible ..

Pockets@PoorboysWorld
12-07-2010, 01:47 PM
when it is cold out you might try using Natty's Blue as a Wipe on wipe off product.
it doesn't really need any set up time otherwise like others suggested it should be a bit warmer outside if you want to do larger areas

i will try to do a few sections and take pictures on my truck next weekend cause it's really cold here

NoleFan
12-07-2010, 08:43 PM
when it is cold out you might try using Natty's Blue as a Wipe on wipe off product.
it doesn't really need any set up time otherwise like others suggested it should be a bit warmer outside if you want to do larger areas

i will try to do a few sections and take pictures on my truck next weekend cause it's really cold here

That would be awesome! Thanks.

Rsurfer
12-07-2010, 08:58 PM
:( I finally got my garage cleaned out enough to get my truck in there to wash, and of course it looks like it was too cold for me to apply Natty Blue on the truck. It is 42 degrees now and going to get colder. I am going to go hook up some heaters real quick and see if that helps.

But as it is, it isn't coming off. I am even trying to used ONR QD but no go. Any different suggestions???

Thanks guys and gals!I know you got it off, but just for information if this happens to anyone else..just use more wax and and wipe off right away. Because of the solvents in the wax it will remove the previous layer that is not yet cured.:props:

NoleFan
12-08-2010, 06:47 AM
I know you got it off, but just for information if this happens to anyone else..just use more wax and and wipe off right away. Because of the solvents in the wax it will remove the previous layer that is not yet cured.:props:

:xyxthumbs: