PDA

View Full Version : Using AIO's with glazes and polishes

Goodloe3
12-05-2010, 09:07 PM
Anyone use a glaze before using an AIO like XMT 360 or Klasse All in One? I'm wondering if it will remove the glaze's oils and shine agents.

Dubbin1
12-05-2010, 09:15 PM
Are you saying that you want to put a glaze down then and AIO? It wont work.

Goodloe3
12-05-2010, 09:34 PM
Yeah. That's what I'm asking. Why won't it work? Will the AIO remove the glaze?

Dubbin1
12-05-2010, 09:36 PM
Yeah. That's what I'm asking. Why won't it work? Will the AIO remove the glaze?

Yes

SilverJag
12-05-2010, 09:37 PM
Hi Goodloe3, welcome to the forums!

The reason to not use an AIO right after a glaze is that you'd be undoing the glazing oils you just put down. We usually want to clean the paint first (whether mechanically or chemically, or both), in this case you would want to clay, AIO, add in an optional glaze, and top off with a wax or sealant that would sit well on top of the glaze. Hope this helps.

Dubbin1
12-05-2010, 09:47 PM
Hi Goodloe3, welcome to the forums!

The reason to not use an AIO right after a glaze is that you'd be undoing the glazing oils you just put down. We usually want to clean the paint first (whether mechanically or chemically, or both), in this case you would want to clay, AIO, add in an optional glaze, and top off with a wax or sealant that would sit well on top of the glaze. Hope this helps.

I'm not even sure I would put an AIO down before the glaze. Personally I don't even use a glaze since it only lasts a short time, adds no protection and it gone after the first rain or wash.

akimel
12-05-2010, 10:00 PM
Not only will an AIO remove a glaze, it will remove a previously applied wax/sealant.

Goodloe3
12-06-2010, 12:19 PM
Thanks guys. I got my answer.