PDA

View Full Version : shinny interior protectant

Pages : [1] 2

Emm
12-05-2010, 08:15 AM
What is the shiniest interior protectant? Some of the cars I do people want their dashboards beyond shinny. So which one gives the biggest shine? I used to use New Again but the stopped making it.

trhland
12-05-2010, 08:18 AM
armol all origanal.. or a spray detailer like stoners trim shine arosol..

BobbyG
12-05-2010, 08:19 AM
Meguiar's NXT Tech Protectant or Cockpit Shine, they're both the same product and leave a glossy shine.

ScottB
12-05-2010, 10:43 AM
doesnt this strike as a liability ??

Emm
12-05-2010, 11:03 AM
doesnt this strike as a liability ??

Wouldn't the company that makes the product be liable?

ScottB
12-05-2010, 11:06 AM
Wouldn't the company that makes the product be liable?

sorry my post was a little vague and more of a question. When I speak to others about interior dressings, specifically dashboards I often suggest a low matte or natural look. I try to explain that most glossy dressings seem to amplify sun and could create a sharp reflection or glare. I ask if an accident would be worth a little extra gloss and often suggest keeping gloss to the tires.

Emm
12-05-2010, 11:08 AM
sorry my post was a little vague and more of a question. When I speak to others about interior dressings, specifically dashboards I often suggest a low matte or natural look. I try to explain that most glossy dressings seem to amplify sun and could create a sharp reflection or glare. I ask if an accident would be worth a little extra gloss and often suggest keeping gloss to the tires.

I agree, but I still get asked to make the dash as shinny as possible, so the customer is always right and I just try to make them happy.

Dubbin1
12-05-2010, 11:37 AM
I hate to say this but if they want it that shiny then just slap some Armor All on it.

twistedframe
12-05-2010, 12:18 PM
I don't even give them the option. I have two dressings that are both low gloss and that's all they have to choose from. For me it has to do with peronal testing done and liability since glare created from armor all can be unsafe. Just my. 02

Sent from my DROID2 using Tapatalk

Emm
12-05-2010, 12:36 PM
I don't even give them the option. I have two dressings that are both low gloss and that's all they have to choose from. For me it has to do with peronal testing done and liability since glare created from armor all can be unsafe. Just my. 02

Sent from my DROID2 using Tapatalk

I didn't give them a choice they asked for something shinier.

Dubbin1
12-05-2010, 12:41 PM
I don't believe in all of this liability talk with glare. When I was a kid I always gobbed Armor All on my black dash and never once had a glare problem.

JonMiles
12-05-2010, 12:42 PM
When I think shiny in terms of interior of cars, I think greasy, dust attracting, and ugly. My $.02

Send the shine loving customers home with a clean and natural dash and they will change their mind by the end of the week.

Emm
12-05-2010, 12:43 PM
I have never had a problem with glare either, I've used New Again before they stopped making it and PDQ, really left a great shine. I never had problems.

Flash Gordon
12-05-2010, 02:24 PM
Slap some Hot Shine on there dash Im the MAN

snowking724
12-05-2010, 02:27 PM
When I think shiny in terms of interior of cars, I think greasy, dust attracting, and ugly. My $.02

Send the shine loving customers home with a clean and natural dash and they will change their mind by the end of the week.
I'll start by saying that I prefer the matte/natural look myself. Telling the customer what they want is wrong and doing it your way anyway is probably not the best way to send them home happy. It would take me more than a week to stop swearing about the detailer and the matte look when I wanted super glare-inducing, crash causing shine. I would also laugh at someone who said, "I crashed into them because of the dressing my detailer used".