PDA

View Full Version : What's the best wax for a white car?

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5 6

jimmyjam
12-05-2010, 04:35 AM
I own a taffeta white 2006 Civic Si, and was wondering what wax is the best for white? Now I have a ton of different waxes such as Megs cleaner, Megs gold class, Megs yellow, Nattys red ltd, Pinnacle's Souveran wax, Autoglym High Definition Wax, And Fuzion..

PBoy
12-05-2010, 04:49 AM
Meg#20 or NXT 2.0 if durability isn't an issue

jimmyjam
12-05-2010, 05:09 AM
Meg#20 or NXT 2.0 if durability isn't an issue
Isn't Megs#20 A glaze and NXT a sealant?

Fly bye
12-05-2010, 05:24 AM
I have a ton of different waxes such as Megs cleaner, Megs gold class, Megs yellow, Nattys red ltd, Pinnacle's Souveran wax, Autoglym High Definition Wax, And Fuzion..

Why don't you try these and let us know of the results.

Flash Gordon
12-05-2010, 06:05 AM
Collinite 845 :props:

BobbyG
12-05-2010, 08:22 AM
White is one of those colors that can look great with just about any wax. Personally I would use one of the Meguiar's Gold Class on it. This is a nice wax and doesn't cost an arm and a leg.

dbbrooks
12-05-2010, 08:52 AM
Signature Series II is my vote. :xyxthumbs:

akimel
12-05-2010, 10:37 AM
Of the ones you have listed, I would go with the Fuzion. But if you are willing to add a new product to your collection, I would give Finish Kare 1000p a try. This sealant has definitely impressed me with its gloss, dirt-shedding ability, and durability. I haven't tried it yet on white, but given how it looks on our silver blue CR-V, I suspect it would be crackers. And the price is excellent.

zliegen
12-05-2010, 11:01 AM
I really like how Autoglym HD looks on white.

Kurt_s
12-05-2010, 11:54 AM
I own a taffeta white 2006 Civic Si, and was wondering what wax is the best for white? Now I have a ton of different waxes such as Megs cleaner, Megs gold class, Megs yellow, Nattys red ltd, Pinnacle's Souveran wax, Autoglym High Definition Wax, And Fuzion..

I have a 99 arctic white bimmer. I've used Megs Medallian, old version Megs Gold Class, Megs High Tech Yellow (liquid), OG Blitz, WG DGPS (sealant), Optimum Car Wax and Fuzion over the years. It's been waxed a few times by detailers and I'm not sure what they used. I may have missed one or two others.

While they are the most recently applied, I happen to really like the Wolfgang sealant, OCW and Fuzion. DGPS is really easy to keep clean and is very slick. OCW makes rewaxing or wax renewal super easy during the winter months. Fuzion has a look that I really enjoy. I find these three give a very clear, reflective finish with the carnauba "liquid with a glow" look. I used WG TSR and FG3.0 to prep the paint before using the DGPS. Nice combo.

My only caviat, best is really what you prefer. You may need to try each of them figure that out.

Gunslinger
12-05-2010, 12:03 PM
I have a pearlescent cream Avanti and use two waxes...a first coat of Griot's Carnauba Wax Stick followed by a top coat of Griot's Best of Show Wax. That gives a spectacular finish...at least to my eye, plus it gets lots of raves for the look at cruise-ins and shows.

There's lots of great waxes and sealants out there. Just find the one that gives the look you want.

PBoy
12-05-2010, 12:35 PM
Isn't Megs#20 A glaze and NXT a sealant?

Yeah ... I guess they are sealants. Got tunnel vision thinking of white, because although I'm not that big of a fan of NXT 2.0 it did give me excellent results on white.

sal329
12-05-2010, 12:37 PM
Use DG 501 and when it is cured top with any wax you want

FUNX650
12-05-2010, 12:58 PM
hi jimmyjam.....on the bride's pearl white Jeep I use Swissvax Glacier Car Wax (a steal @ $295.00 for a 4 oz. jar!). On the Show Car only the best will do---Swissvax Crystal Rock Wax ( still reasonably priced on sale for the Holidays @ only $2,750...that's right only Two Thousand Seven Hundred Dollars...for a 4 oz. jar).

PS. I've a few extra lbs. (pounds) of this stuff just lying around--want some. DO NOT {LOL=[laughing out loud]}

Just think, for a few more dollars one could buy a new 3D HD TV to playback your Detail Videos.

Seriously, I've gleaned untold volumes of detailing info from this forum that I am willing to try firsthand and will report/post my results. Keep on scouring this forum for the latest information/updates from members whose experience and knowhow will surely guide you down the path to Paint Correction Heaven.

Rob T
12-06-2010, 01:03 AM
Funny, I was just thinking about this very question over the last few days as I am considering buying one of these (in Carrara White):

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/_4LWNF7ykf9s/TAvTLaRRJWI/AAAAAAAADyw/kwSSGkbXRNg/s1600/porsche+boxster+spyder+5.jpg