PDA

View Full Version : Hi, and Nice to meet u all :)

Pages : [1] 2

X-Tazik
12-05-2010, 03:27 AM
Hey guys, My name is Viktor. I am originally from Russia, but now reside in Washington :) I have been following you guys for a while... ever since someone posted the Ferrari 360 in British Racing Green :) And now i finnaly decided to join. I have work at an RV lot, and detail motor homes, but we also get boats, atv's, cars, trucks, etc... But i LOVE detailing cars, simply fro that overwhelming feeling of accomplishment, when after hours of hard work you stand back and admire you work. :) Probably like everyone else here :) As far as products that i use, its mostly Car Beauty PROS, and Malco, Because those are the two distributors that stop by the lot every month, also Meguars. I would like to hear what you guys think about those copanys if anyone has ever tried them. Ill post pics of the stuff i use later :)

Flash Gordon
12-05-2010, 07:32 AM
Welcome :) Although I haven't used the product lines you speak of, I have heard some good things about the Malco line :)

How did you end up coming to America, if you don't mind :)

BobbyG
12-05-2010, 08:03 AM
Viktor, :welcome: To Autogeek and to America!

There's a wealth of information and knowledge available here so join in the fun. Autogeek is a one-stop-shop for all your detailing questions and needs..:props:

jpegs13
12-05-2010, 08:52 AM
Добро пожаловать и наслаждайтесь

Old Tiger
12-05-2010, 11:45 AM
Welcome Victor, I worked a good deal of time in Russia, Ukraine and Lithuania during the 90's. Russian hospitality is the best. I havent tried the product lines you use except for Megs. I have used the Duragloss RV & Marine products and they are great. Welcome to the USA.

dad07
12-05-2010, 12:35 PM
:welcome:

X-Tazik
12-05-2010, 04:49 PM
Welcome :) Although I haven't used the product lines you speak of, I have heard some good things about the Malco line :)

How did you end up coming to America, if you don't mind :)

No i don't mind, well we have lots of relatives here in US... and one day they called and were like : so u guys coming or what??? and we were like huh ??????? so my parents asked me, do u want to go to America?? i thought about it for a sec and said yes... since we did watch American shows like Beverly hills and such, we thought all of America was like that.. and i didn't mind living in Hollywood and driving a red Ferrari to school :) Unfortunatly when we got here it was nothing that we expected, we were living here worse than we did there, since we had to sell everything and start from scratch... we lived in a really small ghetto town surrounded by illegal Mexicans and crackheads :) but we pulled thorough... moved to suburbs and that's pretty much it :) ohh did i mention that back home we lived in a Large very culturally rich city full of history (Dating back as far as 2500 years) on the fifth floor with beach view of the beautiful black sea :)... yeah we were pissed first few years lol

X-Tazik
12-05-2010, 04:50 PM
WOW thanks guys, already feels like home :)

X-Tazik
12-05-2010, 04:52 PM
Welcome Victor, I worked a good deal of time in Russia, Ukraine and Lithuania during the 90's. Russian hospitality is the best. I havent tried the product lines you use except for Megs. I have used the Duragloss RV & Marine products and they are great. Welcome to the USA.

Thanks :) May i ask what was your job description while you worked there? well i really like car beauty pro, its mostly all i use, i will post products and descriptions later when i get mo photos uploaded :)

Flash Gordon
12-05-2010, 06:41 PM
No i don't mind, well we have lots of relatives here in US... and one day they called and were like : so u guys coming or what??? and we were like huh ??????? so my parents asked me, do u want to go to America?? i thought about it for a sec and said yes... since we did watch American shows like Beverly hills and such, we thought all of America was like that.. and i didn't mind living in Hollywood and driving a red Ferrari to school :) Unfortunatly when we got here it was nothing that we expected, we were living here worse than we did there, since we had to sell everything and start from scratch... we lived in a really small ghetto town surrounded by illegal Mexicans and crackheads :) but we pulled thorough... moved to suburbs and that's pretty much it :) ohh did i mention that back home we lived in a Large very culturally rich city full of history (Dating back as far as 2500 years) on the fifth floor with beach view of the beautiful black sea :)... yeah we were pissed first few years lol

lol :laughing:

Welcome to America :righton:

X-Tazik
12-05-2010, 06:53 PM
lol :laughing:

Welcome to America :righton:

Thanks... I am Still waiting for my red Ferrari...... maybe i should just give up :)

Mike Phillips
12-06-2010, 07:16 AM
Welcome to Autogeek Online! :welcome:

Hey guys, My name is Viktor. I am originally from Russia, but now reside in Washington I have been following you guys for a while... ever since someone posted the Ferrari 360 in British Racing Green And now i finally decided to join.

Cool, love seeing lurkers switch over to active members!

I have work at an RV lot, and detail motor homes, but we also get boats, atv's, cars, trucks, etc... But i LOVE detailing cars, simply fro that overwhelming feeling of accomplishment, when after hours of hard work you stand back and admire you work.

You're getting lots of valuable experience in a work environment like that and you summed up how a lot of us feel about detailing, that is the sense of accomplishment and pride from turning a diamond in the rough into a glistening gemstone...

Probably like everyone else here As far as products that i use, its mostly Car Beauty PROS, and Malco, Because those are the two distributors that stop by the lot every month, also Meguars.

Those brands have been around for a long time and for the market they cater to they do a good job, I called on detail shops at one time in my life and really liked the work but one thing I learned, if you're not "Jonny on the spot" you lose a sale to the guy that got there before you.

This is the primary reason I purchased this Milk Truck, I'm a "Car Guy" and detested the idea of driving a white Astro Van to make shop calls, so I put shelves in the Milk Truck and used it for my route truck.

1966 Milk Truck (http://www.autogeekonline.net/forum/off-topic/24968-1966-chevy-milk-truck.html)

http://www.showcargarage.com/gallery/files/1/MilkTruckFrontView1.jpg

This is a "real" 1967 A.C. Cobra with the original 427 engine.
http://www.showcargarage.com/gallery/files/1/RealCobraMilkTruck001.jpg

Glad to have you aboard...

:xyxthumbs:

Meghan
12-06-2010, 10:32 AM
:welcome:

CEE DOG
12-06-2010, 01:41 PM
:welcome: Welcome X-Tazik. Thanks for sharing your story... very interesting.
I moved to the states when I was about 10 or 11 and I must say I was none too pleased either. Very different culture from where I came. Anyway after some difficult years I have come to appreciate all the good in America.

Look forward to seeing you around

X-Tazik
12-07-2010, 04:21 AM
Welcome to Autogeek Online! :welcome:

Cool, love seeing lurkers switch over to active members!

You're getting lots of valuable experience in a work environment like that and you summed up how a lot of us feel about detailing, that is the sense of accomplishment and pride from turning a diamond in the rough into a glistening gemstone...

Those brands have been around for a long time and for the market they cater to they do a good job, I called on detail shops at one time in my life and really liked the work but one thing I learned, if you're not "Jonny on the spot" you lose a sale to the guy that got there before you.

This is the primary reason I purchased this Milk Truck, I'm a "Car Guy" and detested the idea of driving a white Astro Van to make shop calls, so I put shelves in the Milk Truck and used it for my route truck.

1966 Milk Truck (http://www.autogeekonline.net/forum/off-topic/24968-1966-chevy-milk-truck.html)

http://www.showcargarage.com/gallery/files/1/MilkTruckFrontView1.jpg

This is a "real" 1967 A.C. Cobra with the original 427 engine.
http://www.showcargarage.com/gallery/files/1/RealCobraMilkTruck001.jpg

Glad to have you aboard...

:xyxthumbs:

Dang thats the sweetest milk truck i have ever seen :) my dad bought a step van and put a whole bunch of shelves in it and, work stuff, like a 80gal compressor, an RV toilet, Onan 7500 Diesel generator, and so on... ANd about the cobra... IS THERE ANY WAY IN THE WORLD THAT I CAN DRIVE THAT BEAST?? it has been one of my all time favorite cars ever since i saw a poster of it when i was 9 :) you dont see the real ones that much now a dasy its mostly replicas .... and thanks for the worm welcoming, i love it here :)