PDA

View Full Version : PC Package deals

ANeat
12-05-2010, 12:23 AM
Hi AG, I recently ordered a package deal on the PC and the CCS 6.5 inch pads.
should be here monday
Porter Cable 7424 & Foam Pad Kit - Car Buffer (http://www.autogeek.net/hk7424.html)

So after that I was doing some research here and keep finding threads where experienced users are saying that 6.5 inch pads are too big and you get better performance/results from 5.5 inch pads.

So my question is, why even sell the package with the 6.5 inch pads if the 5.5 inch are better?

Never tried a PC so honestly I have to go off what other users recommend and Im a little puzzled about the difference from what ive seen being recommended and whats being sold

molarman
12-05-2010, 12:28 AM
like urself, im a novice at this as well, and have used the 5.5 ccs pads. which seem to work better, although am somewhat disappointed with the porter cable, and am wanting to get the flex next spring. the porter seems to bog down too easily.

Dubbin1
12-05-2010, 12:29 AM
The same question has been asked many times but I have yet to see a response from AG about it. You will for sure want to order some 5.5" pads and while you're at it get a 3.5" backing plate and some 4" pads.

Dubbin1
12-05-2010, 12:30 AM
like urself, im a novice at this as well, and have used the 5.5 ccs pads. which seem to work better, although am somewhat disappointed with the porter cable, and am wanting to get the flex next spring. the porter seems to bog down too easily.

While the Flex is a good machine you can still get the same results with your PC ;)

ROMEO
12-05-2010, 01:18 AM
If I remember correctly, you were asking this exact the same question on a different tread, and if that is the case, you will get the exact the same question here...

You should get some 5.5" pads for correction, the 6.5" seems to slow down the PCXP, and like Dwayne just said, it helps to have some 4" pads for those tight spaces...

Also, when getting that kit, you could have done some research before placing the order, and chose those pads for waxes and sealers, maybe even jeweling, and then get additional 5.5" pads, ether way, you will end up getting more than 6 pads, I have about 30 or more now ( and I've only done 4 cars

ANeat
12-05-2010, 01:50 AM
Yes I did ask the question elsewhere but I thought I would ask here where hopefully someone from AG(the store) may notice.

If the 5.5 are so much better why arent they offered in the package?

Im sure I will have to order more pads based on what others like yourself have said.

But myself as a new customer has to rely on just a little bit of trust that when a package like this is offered that it is the proper selection. If AG is behind the learning curve on this perhaps they can correct it

ROMEO
12-05-2010, 02:12 AM
Well, in my opinion, since you can get things done with the 6.5" pads, and since the PCXP can also be used for applying waxes, sealers and glazes, there is use for a kit with 6.5" pads.

Also, as said on the other tread, if youbplace the order over the phone they will take care of those that prefer to get a kit with 5.5" pads (I have been trying to fing the post where this is mentioned but I can't find it).

The best way to get an answer from someone from AG is to give them a call, or to send them an email or PM, and you will be surprised at how quick they will be about taking care of things, every single time I have done so, they have taken care of things.

And me, as a customer rely on the actual facts, real world reviews, videos, forum posts, and every info possible to make a desition on what, and why to buy something.

Oh! And I just took a look, and there are kits offered with 5.5" pads...

silverfox
12-05-2010, 06:58 AM
I suspect they know that people who order these kits will inevitably have to order the 5.5" pads if they truly want the best results...which requires placing additional orders. Its not rocket science...and if you have read these forums for even one day...you'll notice that it seems that most here look for any excuse they can to get the credit card out again..and again...

dougaross
12-05-2010, 07:30 AM
I suspect they know that people who order these kits will inevitably have to order the 5.5" pads if they truly want the best results...which requires placing additional orders. Its not rocket science...and if you have read these forums for even one day...you'll notice that it seems that most here look for any excuse they can to get the credit card out again..and again...
I don't need an excuse :buffing:

BobbyG
12-05-2010, 08:16 AM
I don't need an excuse :buffing:

LOL, you're preaching to the choir!