PDA

View Full Version : This makes me C-R-I-N-G-E...

Pages : [1] 2

Alphamale
12-04-2010, 01:07 PM
I was on my way to Sears to pick up a mechanics seat and was sitting at a stop light. I was admiring a beautiful new Audi that pulled up along side of me when I was shocked to see a large Christmas tree strapped to the top of the roof!!! WITHOUT a blanket underneath it. AND it was windy!! Boughs of the tree were just sweeping back and forth over the top of the roof. I swear to God, there was absolutely no blanket or padding of any kind under the tree. A guy like that should be horse-whipped. Unbelieveable.

AM

Dubbin1
12-04-2010, 01:12 PM
Does it really matter if it is windy out considering he's driving down the road ;)

sohail99
12-04-2010, 01:15 PM
LOL! it happens all the time here!

You wont believe what I have seen people 'washing' their car with!!! (even in car dealerships, they use a crappy cloth and keep inducing swirls on a relatively immaculate finish!)

Not to mention a daily dose of swirl observation in the parking lot!

Ppl keep rubbing their car with anything they can find!:doh:

Earlier I was like, 'Dude, you should polish your car and use a quality microfiber to wipe so that it wont scratch the surface'

but now I've given up!:surrender:

slickooz
12-04-2010, 01:25 PM
Yeah I try to educate my friend about washing their cars. A lot of them don't know what their doing and been putting swirls into their cars for years. They do take my advise and have been using the 2 bucket system. They are slowly learning, you have to give these people a break. :laughing:

BobbyG
12-04-2010, 01:28 PM
But these are the folks that keep detailers busy. It's sort of like curing all the ails of the world, what would doctors do if they were no longer needed? :laughing:

snowking724
12-04-2010, 01:35 PM
I saw a guy cleaning his Lincoln LS rims with the window washing squeegee at the gas station awhile back.

DaHen
12-04-2010, 01:48 PM
I saw a guy cleaning his Lincoln LS rims with the window washing squeegee at the gas station awhile back.

Dats why I don't use the gas station squeegees. Ya just don't know where they've been.

slickooz
12-04-2010, 01:53 PM
Yeah those thing do opposite of what it suppose to do. They make your windows dirty and leave nasty residue all over your window.

Alphamale
12-04-2010, 02:07 PM
Does it really matter if it is windy out considering he's driving down the road ;)

LOL, good point. For a moment I thought I was gonna see Clark Griswold at the steering wheel!!:bash:

tuscarora dave
12-04-2010, 02:14 PM
One day while driving up the freeway I saw a car with a stack of 3, maybe 4 eight foot sheets of sheetrock tied to the roof with no blanket under it. I had just got passed him when the wind broke it in half and it flew all over the freeway. Thankfully no one was hurt.

tuscarora dave
12-04-2010, 02:16 PM
LOL, good point. For a moment I thought I was gonna see Clark Griswold at the steering wheel!!:bash:
LOL!!!:haha:

Alphamale
12-04-2010, 02:17 PM
One day while driving up the freeway I saw a car with a stack of 3, maybe 4 eight foot sheets of sheetrock tied to the roof with no blanket under it. I had just got passed him when the wind broke it in half and it flew all over the freeway. Thankfully no one was hurt.

WOW. Yeah, but you'd think that a guy with a new Audi would be smarter.

tuscarora dave
12-04-2010, 02:21 PM
Makes you want to get one of those extendable grab-it tools so you can hand him a business card while driving beside him. You could make some steady money from a guy like that.:xyxthumbs:

dougaross
12-04-2010, 03:21 PM
I took the tree off the the top just before I did my avatar

ScubaCougr
12-04-2010, 06:08 PM

Price of car does not equal intelligence. Almost the opposite around here:dunno:

And my Scout troop tree lot is lashing about a hundred trees a day to the top of cars, because that's where people want them. You're not putting an 8 foot tree in the trunk. (although I have lashed 8 footers to Corollas. No Smart cars yet, but the season is young. :eek:

Makes me wish I actually had some business cards