PDA

View Full Version : They tell me I have two speeds...

Mike Phillips
12-04-2010, 11:50 AM
They tell me I have two speeds...

On and More On

:D

BobbyG
12-04-2010, 11:52 AM
They tell me I have two speeds...

On and More On

HA, are we having one of those days Mike or are you the excitable type that runs at 7000rpm all day?

Mike Phillips
12-04-2010, 12:20 PM
HA, are we having one of those days Mike or are you the excitable type that runs at 7000rpm all day?

That's just a funny saying one of my friends in SoCal shared with me a number of years ago when I was driving my Milk Truck through town... took me a second to figure it out and then I split a gut laughing, so I thought I would share it...

1966 Milk Truck (http://www.autogeekonline.net/forum/off-topic/24968-1966-chevy-milk-truck.html)

http://www.showcargarage.com/gallery/files/1/MilkTruckFrontView1.jpg

Actually having a great day... Going out into the garage today to play with some new stuff...

I always tell people to be open to new products, new ideas and new procedures and then try to practice that advice myself, so I have a bunch of stuff on my desk to test so yeah... it's a great day...

Earlier this morning I was running errands in my 1975 GMC Jimmy, the Bikini Top has been off for over a month now and while it's cold out, it's clear and sunny and it's a blast driving a full convertible 4x4 with 454 Big Block Chevy in it...

:)

BobbyG
12-04-2010, 12:30 PM
I can tell you that through the years I have tried just about all there was to try but it wasn't until I became a member here that I realized that there was so much more to it.

I have spent an inordinate amount of time reading, listening, understanding, but most of all trying new things. I've discovered that some work very well and some don't, on one car but may on another. Some colors finish differently that others.

I have spent a ton of money at Autogeek this year and don't consider on dime of it poorly spent. I have a passion for detailing and automotive finishes that date back to the late 60's and never left.

I'm 58 years old and will put my skills up against the best but the difference with me is I'm ready to listen because I don't have all the answers.

Trying new products is akin to learning and educating oneself. The evolution in detailing products and compounds will continue long after I'm gone and I for one have enjoyed and will continue to enjoy this ride. :props:

I make detailing fun and have always enjoyed it. I've had a ball here and have no intention of moving on!

Thank Mike!

C. Charles Hahn
12-04-2010, 01:09 PM
More On

Not touching that one with a 10' pole :poke::laughing:

:dig::bolt:

JonMiles
12-04-2010, 02:44 PM
More On?....that sounds like an insult to your intelligence Mike lol, i'd be kicking someone's @$$ for saying that about me.

Mike Phillips
12-04-2010, 04:12 PM
More On?....that sounds like an insult to your intelligence Mike lol, i'd be kicking someone's @$$ for saying that about me.

You can never take life so seriously, or yourself so seriously that you can't laugh at yourself at the same time...

Life is short, we lost a forum member last week and you just never know when you're numbers up...

My friend Steve is a card carrying union cameraman that works in Hollywood, he's worked with Steven Spielberg and Ron Howard and probably a lot of other guys that we would recognize the names of but those are the two that I remember him telling me about. Anyway he's the guy that told me that joke when we were running errands in the Milk Truck one day and I thought it was funny enough that I thought I would share it and other's might find it funny too...

Another one I like but forgot where I heard it is,

"If it ain't broke... fix it till it is"

JonMiles
12-04-2010, 04:41 PM
:cheers: fist bump to that. Its very unfortunate about SouthernStylez and I agree with you 100% about never taking life or yourself too seriously because things can happen fast and take it all away in a blink of an eye. Life is a game, have fun with it and you will walk away a winner in the end.

jpegs13
12-04-2010, 05:34 PM
"Life is too short to sweat the small stuff and it's all small stuff"

That's always been one of my favs

ShannonD
12-04-2010, 06:44 PM
My standard reply is.......

"It's All Good!"

To me its a state of mind, not a description of my environment or situation!!

davidc
12-04-2010, 10:11 PM
I really like "If you don't like this speed your sure to hate the next one". I pretty much live by this one.

Dave

C. Charles Hahn
12-04-2010, 10:18 PM
So when will Porter Cable be releasing the 7424XP "Mike Phillips Signature Edition"?

You know.... the one where the dial goes to 7.... :dunno::buffing: