PDA

View Full Version : Pinnacle Souverän and metallic

Pages : [1] 2

Emm
12-04-2010, 05:03 AM
How does Pinnacle Souverän effect metallic paint? I've read that it shouldn't be used or doesn't work as well on metallics.

jimmyjam
12-04-2010, 05:51 AM
I used it on a clients 2008 Camry, and fireworks! The metallic popped with brilliance. I haven't heard not to use Souverän on any type of paint/color. Now I have read that it gives darker colors more justice verses lighter colors. I own a 2006 Civic Si that's white and it might be in my head but dang it turns heads like crazy. I used the pinnacle XMT intermediate swirl remover, fine swirl remover, glaze, and Souverän. Wowsers slick!

Emm
12-04-2010, 06:06 AM
I used it on a clients 2008 Camry, and fireworks! The metallic popped with brilliance. I haven't heard not to use Souverän on any type of paint/color. Now I have read that it gives darker colors more justice verses lighter colors. I own a 2006 Civic Si that's white and it might be in my head but dang it turns heads like crazy. I used the pinnacle XMT intermediate swirl remover, fine swirl remover, glaze, and Souverän. Wowsers slick!

Thanks, I've read to use Pinnacle Signature Series II with metallic paints. I wanted to know the difference, but you said the souveran looked great on metallics.

WRAPT C5Z06
12-04-2010, 06:09 AM
It doesn't look bad on metallics, but souveran will darken paint. If you darken paint, the metallics won't "pop" as much. Make sense? Sig Series II does not darken paint as much, IME.

WRAPT C5Z06
12-04-2010, 07:23 AM
To keep it simple...

Souveran for any non-metallic paint(even white)
Sig Series II for any metallic paint(even black metallic)

JMO.

DantheMan
12-04-2010, 07:38 AM
I love it on my toreador red (metallic maroonish color) f150...

Emm
12-04-2010, 07:42 AM
I love it on my toreador red (metallic maroonish color) f150...

I have a red metallic dodge ram and was hoping others have had good results with souveran on metallics. I picked up a jar during the sale.

BobbyG
12-04-2010, 08:37 AM
I have a red metallic dodge ram and was hoping others have had good results with souveran on metallics. I picked up a jar during the sale.

I don't think it'll turn out anything less than spectacular!

ScottB
12-04-2010, 09:03 AM
The design of Souveran Paste was for reflective colors like black, red, and yellow. Newer designs using polymers really seem to amplify metallics. No wrong choice, Souveran will add additional gloss and depth not seen in most waxes and a glow, but if you want to amplify metallic paint then move to Fuzion or SSII.

Liquid Souveran is also nice on metallics.

nava222
12-04-2010, 09:07 AM
My paint is black metallic, do you guys recommend sig seriesII or fuzion? Thanks.

DantheMan
12-04-2010, 09:32 AM

It's a pretty similar color to your truck. I didnt use it on my truck for the longest time based on most of what I read here about Souveran on metallics. Just stuck with Zaino, UPGP, WDGPS, etc...

I finally broke down and put it on, and LOVED it.. Something just clicked. Not as reflective and 'shiny' as the ZAIO and multiple coats of UPGP, but there was just something about it that seemed right. Still plenty of metallic pop as well..

Emm
12-04-2010, 10:54 AM
It's a pretty similar color to your truck. I didn't use it on my truck for the longest time based on most of what I read here about Souveran on metallics. Just stuck with Zaino, UPGP, WDGPS, etc...

I finally broke down and put it on, and LOVED it.. Something just clicked. Not as reflective and 'shiny' as the ZAIO and multiple coats of UPGP, but there was just something about it that seemed right. Still plenty of metallic pop as well..

Sounds good I'm going to try it out.

Thanks for the replies

Old Tiger
12-04-2010, 11:25 AM
It doesn't look bad on metallics, but souveran will darken paint. If you darken paint, the metallics won't "pop" as much. Make sense? Sig Series II does not darken paint as much, IME.
Mark is spot on. I like Sig II more than Fuzion or Dodo Purple Haze. Both of these darken paint and mute flake similar to what Mark observed. Also doesnt attract as much dust IME>

Dubbin1
12-04-2010, 12:09 PM
Trust me, Souveran works great on metallic paint.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v465/dubbin1/Malibu/DSC01431.jpg

A4 1.8tqm
12-04-2010, 02:26 PM
AG does not sell a wax that will "harm" or "mute" the look of your flake, at least not that I am aware of. I honestly would like to see a 50/50 shot of "muted flake", I don't buy it at all. In thinking logically, darker paint would be in higher contrast to bright reflections from metallic flake, thus making the flake POP even more. The only thing that I can think of that would lessen the "POP" would be if the wax was not perfectly clear, but that would surely leave an undesirable haze to the paint. EVERY wax sold here buffs off clear, though some have their own SUBTLE nuances, looks wise.

Undoubtedly Souveran's specialty is darkening paint for a beautiful, deep wet gloss. IME it stands high on a pedestal by itself in this aspect (just look at DARKHORSE's 50/50 hood shot of Souveran vs Supernatural (http://www.autogeekonline.net/forum/auto-detailing-101/27662-how-can-wax-sealant-mute-metallic-flakes.html)).

I bet if Dubbin1 did the same Souveran shot as above, but 50/50 Souveran vs nothing, the Souveran side would have MORE POP from the flake. Just a guess... :idea:.......:poke: