PDA

View Full Version : Ok, now that I've bought all this...

Pages : [1] 2

Alphamale
12-03-2010, 05:10 PM
I just bought hundreds of dollars worth of detailing products. Winter is coming. Now, how/where do I store all of this stuff? It gets pretty darn cold in eastern PA here and my garage is not heated. When I used to buy just Turtle Wax or Meguiars' basic wax, I'd never give it a thought as to what happens to the wax and polishes when it gets freezing cold in the garage in the dead of winter. What temperatures should we avoid for any prolonged lengths of time with these various products? TIA,

AM

Dubbin1
12-03-2010, 05:11 PM
Bring them inside unless you want it all to freeze.

Pockets@PoorboysWorld
12-03-2010, 05:12 PM
Products like to live in the condition that you live in :dblthumb2: keep em inside it would be a shame to lose all that money :eek:

BobbyG
12-03-2010, 05:20 PM
:iagree: You can't argue with commonsense. :props:

Alphamale
12-03-2010, 05:21 PM
Thanks guys, I will do that then. But just the waxes and polishes, right? Do clay bars have to come in? How bout shampoos? Pads and machinery can stay out there, right? Can the solid paste waxes stay out there?

AM

Fly bye
12-03-2010, 05:22 PM
I keep my products inside.

Pockets@PoorboysWorld
12-03-2010, 05:22 PM
Thanks guys, I will do that then. But just the waxes and polishes, right? Do clay bars have to come in? How bout shampoos? Pads and machinery can stay out there, right? Can the solid paste waxes stay out there?

AM

Machines and pads sure they can but every product should come in or your going to be doing this when you want to use them :doh:

Fly bye
12-03-2010, 05:24 PM

AM

I've seen laundry detergent change texture and color from being in 30 degree temps.

Alphamale
12-03-2010, 05:27 PM
I've seen laundry detergent change texture and color from being in 30 degree temps.

Ok, thanks. That's what I was looking for. Actual experiences. I can't see paste wax freezing, but who knows? Probably just the liquids.

AM

BobbyG
12-03-2010, 05:31 PM
My machines, pads, Microfiber towels, brushes and gloves stay out in the shed, everything else came in last month. :props:

I've got way to much invested just to let the possibility of freezing ruin it and throwing away good money..

davidc
12-03-2010, 05:34 PM
Pack it up and ship it to me, I'll keep it warm for you in AZ.
Seriously tho I keep all the polishes,sealants, shampoo's etc. in the house as the winters can be in the 30's at night and early morning and summers 110 to 120. Those temps can't be good for them.

Dave

Alphamale
12-03-2010, 05:37 PM
My machines, pads, Microfiber towels, brushes and gloves stay out in the shed, everything else came in last month. :props:

I've got way to much invested just to let the possibility of freezing ruin it and throwing away good money..

Agreed. Rather safe than sorry.

zliegen
12-03-2010, 05:38 PM
I just moved everything inside except a bottle of Ultima waterless wash and a plush microfiber, which is next to the furnace.

Alphamale
12-03-2010, 05:40 PM
Pack it up and ship it to me, I'll keep it warm for you in AZ.
Seriously tho I keep all the polishes,sealants, shampoo's etc. in the house as the winters can be in the 30's at night and early morning and summers 110 to 120. Those temps can't be good for them.

Dave

Hehe. I bet you would. What was I thinking? :doh:

Alphamale
12-03-2010, 05:44 PM
I just moved everything inside except a bottle of Ultima waterless wash and a plush microfiber, which is next to the furnace.

So I shouldn't put the Soveran Paste next to the furnace? :bolt: