PDA

View Full Version : What is your favorite car wash?

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5

Shane731
12-02-2010, 11:28 PM
With all these favorites threads going on, figured I'd start one. So, what is your favorite car wash, and why? Mine is Pinnacle Bodywork Shampoo, because it has good lubricity, rinses well, helps prevent water spots, has suds that last, and smells like pina colada/coconut. I just got Ultima Paint Guard wash and am looking forward to trying it out.

IOMCAMARO
12-02-2010, 11:32 PM
My favorite thus far is Adam's Shampoo. It has good lubricity, suds are great, foams good in a foam gun, and it smells good. I'm planning on trying Griot's Car Wash soon though, I've heard that it's second to none.

VISITOR
12-02-2010, 11:35 PM
i've always liked the DG CWC, it has served me well...

kona6
12-02-2010, 11:54 PM
Currently my go to is Finish Kare 118, its stronger in the cleaning department then my back-up Optimum but won't strip the wax and rinses clean, only downside FK products are not known for their scents.

Old Tiger
12-03-2010, 12:08 AM
With all these favorites threads going on, figured I'd start one. So, what is your favorite car wash, and why? Mine is Pinnacle Bodywork Shampoo, because it has good lubricity, rinses well, helps prevent water spots, has suds that last, and smells like pina colada/coconut. I just got Ultima Paint Guard wash and am looking forward to trying it out.
You have a sample of my favorite, Ultima. It has a very clean smell All characteristics you mentioned for Pinnacle also apply to Ultima too. Plus an ounce yields 3 gallons, so its very economical too @ $13 for 22 oz>

arenared
12-03-2010, 12:25 AM
I really continue to like P21S Bodywork Conditioning Shampoo (http://www.autogeek.net/p2bodconsham.html).

It's made out of some kind of cosmetic-grade granola stuff like wheat germ. Although it is all natural, I wouldn't recommend eating it ;)

It is, however, really gentle. It's usage is modest at 2 - 3 capfuls per bucket (~1 oz depending on how you count a capful). It's not as slick as some, but I feel it helps less-sturdy waxes like carnaubas last longer.

I also like the Finish Kare #1016 Wash & Wax (http://www.autogeek.net/finish-kare-1016-wash-wax.html) which I view as a more high-tech, new school car wash. I just started using that, but I feel its recommended 2oz/gallon is way too much. I wish Autogeek carried the gallon bottle which would be much more economical.

I plan to make my regimen P21S when topped with 'nuba and FK when just a plain sealant.

Dubbin1
12-03-2010, 12:31 AM
Ultima, need I say more.

PPLd
12-03-2010, 12:36 AM
So, what is your favorite car wash, and why?

Hi,
I have a few bodywash shampoo.
I cycle between my shampoos everytime as I wash my car.
I currently have Autoglym Bodywork Shampoo and Conditioner,
Meguiar's Gold Class,
Meguiar's Ultimate Wash and Wax.

I guess most of you know the Meguiar's products better than I do,
so I think I am going to share a few things about the Autoglym.
Currently Autogeek does not sell Autoglym products...
Please send me a PM if this violates the forum rules and I will remove my post...

I bought my Autoglym Shampoo for less than USD$8 for a 500ml (16.6oz) bottle.
It has no foam at all, is a "non-sudsing" shampoo.
It has no special scent or smell that I can detect.
The lubricity of the shampoo is medium.
You feel like washing with water only...
I must say that there are better products outside for sure.
The label says add 20ml to 10 liters of water.
I often pour roughly 1oz to 3 gallon~

What I like about this shampoo is the sheeting effect that remain on your car for a week or 2...
Rain water on your windscreen just slip away as you drive,
and it lubricates the wiper action as well!
Autoglym also claim it has anti-rust properties.
I have never tried to do some scientific tests on that so I cannot comment.

I may try some other shampoos when my Autoglym finish...
I plan to get some Meg Shampoo Plus,
3M, and Sonax~~
They are available in local shops here...

http://www.shopaway.co.uk/catalog/auto/Autoglym%20Bodywork%20Shampoo%20Conditioner.jpg

barryscott
12-03-2010, 01:33 AM
Poorboys Super Slick & Suds.

Rsurfer
12-03-2010, 03:02 AM
Majestic Solutions, Ultra Gloss

sohail99
12-03-2010, 03:30 AM
I really like Meguiars Gold Class Car wash.

Its perfect for the painted panels.

For other areas like under hood areas and back of panels + door jambs etc. I use Sonax car wash shampoo in a spray bottle.

I'll be getting a pressure washer with a foam gun attachment soon!
Will compare foaming action of each of them! :D

Recently I tried Eagleone easy dry car wash and I think it contains some water softening agent. It dries easily on protected paint. Cleaning power is average though!

ScottB
12-03-2010, 03:33 AM
Poorboys, Griots, Duragloss or Optimum ... all work great in foam gun, clean well, and dont leave any marring.

Fly bye
12-03-2010, 03:40 AM
http://www.overstockdrugstore.com/product_images/g/735303290000.jpg

Dr Oldz
12-03-2010, 04:36 AM
I have a few favorites! DP has been working great for me and is my go to wash....Lost of suds/lubricity, a great value on BOGO and smells good too! Dodo Sour Power... has a touch of carnuba in but still doesn't smear windows after repeated use! And Dodo Born To Be Mild......cleans awesome and rinses off beautifully...no gloss enhansers or waxes to alter the apperance. I find myself using this mostly after a recent waxing as it is very gentle even on Souveran!!! I need to try Ultima tho!

Shawn T.
12-03-2010, 05:57 AM
Meguiars Hyper-Wash at 2 oz. per five gallons of water. Great suds and is pretty slick at this ratio.