PDA

View Full Version : Almost time to wax!

Pages : [1] 2

slickooz
12-02-2010, 10:21 PM
It's been almost a month since my car been back from the bodyshop. I don't know which wax to use to protect it for the winter months. I have a TSX metallic color car. Today I received Pinnacle Souveran from black friday. I also have DP MaxMax coming in tomorrow, feels like Christmas. :dblthumb2: I also have M26 yellow wax and NXT wax and Klasse HGSG.

Do I wax the car then use Klasse HGSG over it? I heard from a friend that Klasse is a very good product and will protect car paint from winter.

zliegen
12-02-2010, 10:22 PM
Lay Klasse down first, I would do more than 1 layer if you're winterizing for ultimate protection, then put your carnauba wax on top.

IOMCAMARO
12-02-2010, 10:23 PM
It's been almost a month since my car been back from the bodyshop. I don't know which wax to use to protect it for the winter months. I have a TSX metallic color car. Today I received Pinnacle Souveran from black friday. I also have DP MaxMax coming in tomorrow, feels like Christmas. :dblthumb2: I also have M26 yellow wax and NXT wax and Klasse HGSG.

Do I wax the car then use Klasse HGSG over it? I heard from a friend that Klasse is a very good product and will protect car paint from winter.
I've heard that Collinite 845 is the best for winter months, but I've never used it.

dougaross
12-02-2010, 10:27 PM
I've heard that Collinite 845 is the best for winter months, but I've never used it.

After body shop I used klasse aio to clean the paint followed by 845 for long term protection. Just remember to apply 845 very thin.

Unfortunately my body shop didn't leave a swirl free finish so I used 205 on white pad to remove swirls

slickooz
12-02-2010, 11:37 PM
Yeah I'm getting white pads tomorrow. Its been about 22 days, is it safe to do a full detail? or wait another week? I need to do 205 the whole car. I thought you were suppose to wax then klasse? I thought Klasse was a sealant.

IOMCAMARO
12-02-2010, 11:40 PM
Yeah I'm getting white pads tomorrow. Its been about 22 days, is it safe to do a full detail? or wait another week? I need to do 205 the whole car. I thought you were suppose to wax then klasse? I thought Klasse was a sealant.

Sealants come before waxes. You can polish this weekend, but I would wait another week to put on any sealant or wax.

dougaross
12-02-2010, 11:58 PM
There is Klasse All in One and Klasse sealant HGSG. AIO is cleaner and sealant but not nearly as durable as the HGSG

slickooz
12-03-2010, 12:19 AM
Thanks guys! I always thought sealant was last step. So out of the 4 wax I have which one would you use? Want something that would make it look nice and last long.

Dubbin1
12-03-2010, 12:37 AM
Thanks guys! I always thought sealant was last step. So out of the 4 wax I have which one would you use? Want something that would make it look nice and last long.

Souveran and Max wax will look nice but it wont last long (a few weeks). Same thing can be said about the NXT and #26. Put a couple coats of Klasse down, leave it like that or flip a coin on the nuba to use on top.

slickooz
12-03-2010, 01:18 AM
For Kassle how long do I have to wait to put another coat? If I put couple layers of Kassle do I even need wax?

Fly bye
12-03-2010, 04:00 AM
If I put couple layers of Kassle do I even need wax?

Not really.

Shawn T.
12-03-2010, 08:05 AM
Not really.

I agree. Putting a nuba on top of a sealant is always optional. Some people prefer the glow of nubas. I like to use a nuba in the spring and summer since I know I will be waxing about twice a month. In the fall I begin to use a sealant to prepare for winter.

BobbyG
12-03-2010, 08:16 AM
For Kassle how long do I have to wait to put another coat? If I put couple layers of Kassle do I even need wax?

After you're satisfied with the number of coats of Klasse, go with a nice coat of Collinite 845 as I've found it to be just about the best protection against want old man winter can throw at you.

LuxuryMobile
12-03-2010, 09:20 AM
Just got a sample if collinite 845 courtesy of Shane(ciera) and plan to use it for winter protection. Alot of people have seemed to have longlasting results

dougaross
12-03-2010, 09:36 AM
Just got a sample if collinite 845 courtesy of Shane(ciera) and plan to use it for winter protection. Alot of people have seemed to have longlasting results
shake and/or warm until it reaches watery consistency. apply very thin.