PDA

View Full Version : What kinda clear is on Land Rovers

05xrunner
12-02-2010, 08:24 PM
So a friend of mine wants me to take care of her boyfriends 2007(i think)Land rover for her in the spring..Do they have soft or hard clears. Trying to figure out what i would want to use on it...yea I know I got alot of time but its winter and I am bored so I am gonna plan things early..LOL

JonMiles
12-02-2010, 08:56 PM
In 2007 I believe they were owned by Ford Motors. So they should have about average clear hardness, just a little on the thin side. I know the 2008 Range Rover HSE is pretty easy to work with and only required SIP on a GG 6" with an orange CCS pad to remove some major swirls and finish near LSP ready.

05xrunner
12-02-2010, 09:14 PM
ok..I was thinking of trying out my Menzerna power finish on it when comes time. See how it works.

rwright
12-02-2010, 09:27 PM
What color is it? How many steps or what type of finish are you seeking? Power Finish is excellent for a 1 step. Things will change between now and then, but have you had a chance to assess the paint?

05xrunner
12-02-2010, 09:29 PM
its black and yea I am going to take a look at it..I know its kinda beat up..but was gonna see how the power finish with a HT Cyan pad worked on it..then use the tangerine pad with the super finish I got

rwright
12-02-2010, 09:32 PM
its black and yea I am going to take a look at it..I know its kinda beat up..but was gonna see how the power finish with a HT Cyan pad worked on it..then use the tangerine pad with the super finish I got

This sounds like fun! I love dark colored cars :hungry:. Do you have PO85RD? If not, buy some.

05xrunner
12-02-2010, 09:34 PM
no I dont have any 85..I will probably get some eventually..but trying to lay off buying anything for atleast a month or so cause I just went out of control last month..This will be a nice test of how well my Flex 3401 does on some serious correction. not on my car when i used it that was basically almost had no correction to do.

over summer she took me out to look at it..as someone else detailed it. it must have been a real pro who did it..cause there was dried wax in every emblem all over the truck. I dont understand how someone can charge money and then give results like that