PDA

View Full Version : Flatstoppers Tire Supports

Pages : [1] 2

mcpp66
12-02-2010, 07:40 PM
Anyone have these? Are they worth the price?

Flatstoppers Tire Supports (http://www.autogeek.net/tire-supports.html)

350z00m
12-02-2010, 09:05 PM
the performace shop i work at uses them on their track cars... not that exact brand but they work... and its stored indoors... not sure how it would work sitting outside. Hope this helps....

Jay

mcpp66
12-02-2010, 09:26 PM
I just wish they weren't so expensive.

350z00m
12-02-2010, 09:46 PM
if your just stroing the car fr the winter... u can just get 4 jak stand and put it on there... works just as well IMO :xyxthumbs:

Jay

mccoytb
12-03-2010, 08:02 AM
We've got em on my fiancée's Mustang. Easier to get it in and out without having to put it on Jack stands and let the suspension hang, especially when she so sparatically takes it out. We have noticed a huge difference from parking it on these. Sat for 3 months on them then took it out on a nice day with no vibes, we were sold.

mcpp66
12-03-2010, 08:31 AM
We've got em on my fiancée's Mustang. Easier to get it in and out without having to put it on Jack stands and let the suspension hang, especially when she so sparatically takes it out. We have noticed a huge difference from parking it on these. Sat for 3 months on them then took it out on a nice day with no vibes, we were sold.

I'm strongly considering getting these but I'm hung up on the cost. It just doesn't seem like they should be that expensive.

efini
12-03-2010, 08:45 AM
I'm strongly considering getting these but I'm hung up on the cost. It just doesn't seem like they should be that expensive.

They're very strong and very light! I bought a set a few years ago and loved them enough to buy a set of ramps for maintenance this year. They're certainly not the cheapest thing around, but they're going to last!

mcpp66
12-03-2010, 09:16 AM
Yeah, guess I'll just have to see what my wallet will allow me to do.

Dubbin1
12-03-2010, 09:39 AM
Tires getting flat spots pretty much went away with bias ply tires. IMHO these are a waste of money for radial tires.

mcpp66
12-03-2010, 10:01 AM
Well, I left my car in the garage last year and didn't have any issues. However, when there was no precipitation I'd take it out of the garage and into the driveway and let it run for a little bit. Perhaps that's all that's needed to prevent flat spots?

Dubbin1
12-03-2010, 10:13 AM
Well, I left my car in the garage last year and didn't have any issues. However, when there was no precipitation I'd take it out of the garage and into the driveway and let it run for a little bit. Perhaps that's all that's needed to prevent flat spots?

I happen to know of a couple Camaro's that sit for better then 6 months out of the year and never once had a flat spot. IMO these things are just a gimmick.

D_Nyholm
01-03-2011, 04:27 PM
I have 2 cars that are rarely driven. BOTH get flat spots on the tires. One has Pzero Rosso's on it and the other has some Sumi HTR's on it. I've heard that pumping the tires up to the 50 psi range can help. I just occasionally jack the car up and spin the tires to a different spot. I've been thinking of getting these preventers as well.

There are also MUCH cheaper alternatives than the ones AG sells.

FUNX650
01-03-2011, 05:07 PM
I happen to know of a couple Camaro's that sit for better then 6 months out of the year and never once had a flat spot. IMO these things are just a gimmick.

:iagree:For long-term storage, and if you don't have a climate controlled garage (heat/air-conditioning/humidifier/de-humidifier), lay a tarp down on the parking surface, cut some plywood that will fit under each tire, drive your vehicle onto the plywood=just a couple of dollars. Spend your hard earned money elsewhere!

mcpp66
01-03-2011, 05:33 PM
Too late..........I already bought them.

FUNX650
01-03-2011, 05:41 PM
Too late..........I already bought them.

Alright then. In a related issue: Would you be so kind to let us know how you manage the mount/dismount of the vehicle onto/off-of these devices? Thanks.