PDA

View Full Version : Steam Cleaners

Grizzly
12-02-2010, 06:52 PM
I am looking to purchase a steam cleaner, one that also extracts and suucks up the hot water after using it.

Can anyone direct me to where it is sold either here at AG or another site?

Crazy Amos
12-02-2010, 07:01 PM
Vapor Chief claims they are the best but expensive. Just do a google search and you will find plenty of place to buy them. I looked into it and they are around $2800 or you can lease them.

adamturbo
12-02-2010, 07:12 PM
I would look into a Dupray unit, free shipping in Canada and US. Definitely the best I've seen spec wise. I'm contemplating the Hill Injection but they have others with vacuums. (LINK REMOVED NON SUPPORTING VENDOR)

Grizzly
12-02-2010, 07:19 PM
Thanks guys.

I am actually purchasing this for someone else,

their main concern was that it was able to suck up and extract water.

Is this an optional feature that is typically available among steam steam cleaners?

Before I ask anymore questions, I better do a little research on the info you guys have posted for me already.

dad07
12-02-2010, 07:24 PM
vx5000 is a good unit at a great price!

feslope
12-02-2010, 07:48 PM
I would look into a Dupray unit, free shipping in Canada and US. Definitely the best I've seen spec wise. I'm contemplating the Hill Injection but they have others with vacuums. I just bought a Dupray Hill Injection. It comes tomorrow. I did a lot of looking and did not want to spend so much but, nothing else could match it spec wise.

C. Charles Hahn
12-02-2010, 09:25 PM
Thanks guys.

I am actually purchasing this for someone else,

their main concern was that it was able to suck up and extract water.

Is this an optional feature that is typically available among steam steam cleaners?

Before I ask anymore questions, I better do a little research on the info you guys have posted for me already.

A feature like that is not very common, really. The only machine that comes to mind that has both extractor and steamer functions is the Desiderio Auto, which I've heard negative feedback about (basically that while it has both functions, it does neither of those functions as well as other stand-alone units.

I guess if it were me, I'd tell the person that their best bet is to have a good steamer and a separate shop vac to extract with.