PDA

View Full Version : Carpet Bristle Brush for PC?

prostar
12-02-2010, 03:58 PM
Hi all,

I searched the AG store for a bristle brush that can attach to my porter cable DA, but couldn't find one. Maybe I just totally missed it. I want to do a nice deep cleaning of my carpet in my car but want to utilize my PC power and not my arms. (work smarter, not harder).

So if anyone knows if a brush attachment, please do share! Thanks everyone!

Bert31
12-02-2010, 04:02 PM
Cyclo Polisher Brushes turn your Cyclo Orbital Polisher (http://www.autogeek.net/cyclo-brushes.html)

prostar
12-02-2010, 04:18 PM
Thank you! I failed to see the BOLD Print - The Cyclo Brushes also attach to the Porter Cable 7424.

Another item to add to the wish list. Thank you again!

Dan Metzler
12-02-2010, 05:31 PM
If this makes you feel better, here is the page dedicated to brushes for the PC:

Porter Cable 7424 & Ultimate Detailing Machine Carpet & Upholstery Brushes (http://www.autogeek.net/porter-cable-brushes.html)

VR8
12-02-2010, 05:34 PM
Definitely a worthwhile add-on for your PC. I've used the carpet brush and the upholstry brush a hundred times!

outlander
12-02-2010, 08:01 PM
Used it on my pc this past spring/summer. it worked great! Did the seats with it also. I 1st sprayed carpet and the interior with cleaner. Let it sit for a few minutes. Then scrubbed it with the pc. It looked pretty good.

prostar
12-02-2010, 08:14 PM
Awesome everyone. Ya, I need to do an interior DEEEEEEEP clean. Trying to get my car ready to sell. I was thinking of getting the white bristle for carpets, then can't decide on Aqua or Gray for the seats.

Looking to purchase a 95-99 BMW M3 in California. Let me know if you know anyone selling!:xyxthumbs:

350z00m
12-02-2010, 09:11 PM
wouldnt the PCXP bog down when doing the carpets? didnt know the PCXP had that kid of power... esp since they bog down on me with pads... /shrug... something to keepin mind i guess lol... gotta love this place... learn something new everyday!!!:hungry:Im the MAN

Jay

Rsurfer
12-02-2010, 09:29 PM
wouldnt the PCXP bog down when doing the carpets? didnt know the PCXP had that kid of power... esp since they bog down on me with pads... /shrug... something to keepin mind i guess lol... gotta love this place... learn something new everyday!!!:hungry:Im the MAN

JayKeep the brush flat with no pressure. Works great.

WEST SIDE
12-02-2010, 11:25 PM
Definitely a worthwhile add-on for your PC. I've used the carpet brush and the upholstry brush a hundred times!

Can i assume that they will work with the GG DA?

IOMCAMARO
12-02-2010, 11:29 PM
Yep they have the same threads.

tuscarora dave
12-03-2010, 12:18 AM
I have them for my Cyclo and it is a monster carpet scrubber. One day I thought I would try one out on my G110V2 and it did a much better job than I thought it would.

I have the white brushes for carpets and have cleaned cloth seats with them. They are a bit too stiff IMO and will pull at the fabric and cause the seats to get slightly fuzzy. Don't try to scrub the trunk type of carpet with them because it makes one heck of a fuzzy mess of that type of carpet.

You may want to put one of the aqua soft brushes on your list as well.