PDA

View Full Version : Putting a nice set of Pro Detail Equip together

Pages : [1] 2

ExoticAutoDetai
12-01-2010, 11:27 PM
Updating my detail equipment looking around to see what to buy and what not
What list you reccommend? Also a nice Detail bag would be useful!!

LuxuryMobile
12-01-2010, 11:40 PM
Oh man. That's so broad. There are sooo many high quality products here at AG. browse around, everything here is nice

C. Charles Hahn
12-01-2010, 11:57 PM
When you say equipment, are you talking about buffers, vacuums/extractors, brushes, and other related tools? Or are you talking about products? Or both?

ExoticAutoDetai
12-01-2010, 11:58 PM
Oh man. That's so broad. There are sooo many high quality products here at AG. browse around, everything here is nice
Well really my main concern is whats BEST when it comes to
Polish
Compounds
Glazes
Sealants
foam pads
wool pads
also i am looking to buy a PC 7424 for orbital waxing is this a good choice?

IOMCAMARO
12-02-2010, 12:06 AM
Polish
Compounds
Glazes
Sealants
foam pads
wool pads
I would go with the Griot's Garage DA polisher.

ExoticAutoDetai
12-02-2010, 12:10 AM
When you say equipment, are you talking about buffers, vacuums/extractors, brushes, and other related tools? Or are you talking about products? Or both?
Both any product or equipment you feel like a pro detailer would def need to have and would be useful along the way.

ExoticAutoDetai
12-02-2010, 12:11 AM
Thaxn for da advice! I see that alot is it really better than the PC? and DW443?

IOMCAMARO
12-02-2010, 12:16 AM
Thaxn for da advice! I see that alot is it really better than the PC? and DW443?

Idk what the DW443 is but it is better than the PC IMO.

Rsurfer
12-02-2010, 12:23 AM
Polish
Compounds
Glazes
Sealants
foam pads
wool pads
You want a DA for waxing and not polishing? You have wool pads on your list, so does that mean you have a rotary? It would be much easier to recommend some products if we knew what you presently have.

Dr Oldz
12-02-2010, 12:25 AM
Are you just looking to "wax" with the pc7424?

Dr Oldz
12-02-2010, 12:26 AM
Ya kinda beat me to that one Rsurfer....sry!

ExoticAutoDetai
12-02-2010, 12:27 AM
Idk what the DW443 is but it is better than the PC IMO.
DW443 is a rotary from dewalt like the PC i work with both of them to wax only they are both great all tho the pc is better and safer when u working with new cars

ExoticAutoDetai
12-02-2010, 12:31 AM
You want a DA for waxing and not polishing? You have wool pads on your list, so does that mean you have a rotary? It would be much easier to recommend some products if we knew what you presently have.
so the DA is good for waxing and polishing then??? I got a Dewalt buffer which i use for compounding, foam polish and final step hand wax on previous jobs i use to work i have work with PC and Dewalt DW443 for waxing down the cars only but i seen online alot of people polishing and waxing with the DA so i am assuming DA is the best way to go all tho is PRICEY!!

Rsurfer
12-02-2010, 01:04 AM
seen online alot of people polishing and waxing with the DA so i am assuming DA is the best way to go all tho is PRICEY!!

Untrue, the PC is about $125, but the Flex DA is about $310.00. Since you have a rotary for the heavy work, why not use a PC for finishing and waxing/sealants?

C. Charles Hahn
12-02-2010, 02:18 AM

For a "pro" that's doing a high frequency of work, the Griot's would be a poor choice. The reliability is extremely suspect as compared to the PCXP.

That said, if you can afford it, the Flex 3401 is the best all-around machine to cover a variety of jobs.