PDA

View Full Version : Griots best of show

arkus
12-01-2010, 12:19 PM
Has anyone had any recent experience with this . Back in the day it was one of the best I've used . How does it compare to today's waxes ?
Also looking for coments on their paste carnauba wax

BobbyG
12-01-2010, 12:24 PM
Has anyone had any recent experience with this . Back in the day it was one of the best I've used . How does it compare to today's waxes ?
Also looking for coments on their paste carnauba wax

In my opinion it works OK. I still have 3/4 of a bottle and use it from time to time but not all that often. Many of the waxes I've purchased through Autogeek in the past 12 months work much better.

goathead
12-01-2010, 12:44 PM
Just had the chance to use it last weekend and was less than impressed. I still haven't found anything to match ClearKote's Moose Wax as far as shine, ease of use, and durability.

TornadoRed
12-01-2010, 01:01 PM
I got some Best of Show with my Griot's kit but I haven't used it yet.
Has anyone tried their crazy tip from the DVD where you put on a coat of BoS, don't buff and wait 3 hours, put on another coat, don't buff and wait 3 hours, put on another coat, don't buff and wait 12 hours, put on another coat and buff? Sounds like a good way to use up wax.

Gunslinger
12-01-2010, 07:01 PM
I've used Best of Show for maybe six years or so and have found it outstanding. Not necessarily the easiest wax to buff if laid on too thick, but many quality waxes can do that.

Before I tried Best of Show I used one of what I always considered the best mass market wax from maybe the best known companies and found Best of Show better. It gives a foot deep look to the finish which I didn't see before.

I usually put a first coat of Griot's Carnauba Wax Stick due to its better durability and top it with Best of Show. On one car I have which is Torch Red, I give it the base coat of Stick Wax and top it with Pinnacle Souveran. In that particular case I find the Souveran superior in appearance regardless of its lack of durability in comparison.

All waxes give a different appearance depending on the color it's on and how well the finish is prepped. Whatever works for you is what's best for you.