PDA

View Full Version : Hello from New Zealand!

l SIC l
11-30-2010, 10:14 PM
Hey guys!

My name is Shaarn, I’m from Auckland, New Zealand and I’m 18 years old. I have been living in Singapore for the past 8 years to complete my secondary education (I go home every holiday’s anyway and keep our vehicles stored safely there!). By mid-December I and my family will be finally relocating back to Auckland to reside, so I’m definitely looking forward to spending more time with our cars!

I am a regular of ‘Supra forums’ US and Australia and also recently ‘Meguiar’s Online’. I have always been involved with cars from a young age, so I’m always interested in expanding my knowledge in anything automotive related :)

As a result of the ‘OCD’ type behaviour I accumulate when finding a new hobby (in this case car detailing), comes me spending excessively on it! Within the last few weeks, I have spent in excess of $2500 in car detailing products and a D/A polisher (0_0)... I know lol.

Personally I have owned 3 Toyota Supras (including a; 1995 aero-top, 1996 5-speed and a 1996 RZ twin turbo) and a 1987 C4 Corvette, all of which have now been sold whilst I troll for an opportunity to buy another decent Supra (which is a pain as they are as rare as hens teeth in these parts of the world). No worries though, I will be kept busy for a long time to come maintaining our family vehicles (2003 H2 Hummer ‘black-on-black-on-black’, 2005 Range Rover in Silver, 2004 Land Rover Discovery ES in Forest Green and a 1971 Dodge Charger 440ci Special Edition in Yellow – fully restored and soon a C5-C6 Corvette Z06)... so there won’t be too many circumstances where I’m not cleaning at least one of them at any given time!

Good to be part of the forums! :dblthumb2:

Cheers,
Shaarn

detaildave
12-01-2010, 07:16 AM
:welcome: to AG lot's of Nice Folk's & info here.

JPatt1555
12-01-2010, 07:19 AM
Welcome downunder,
Nice to hear from a different side of the planet.

BobbyG
12-01-2010, 07:44 AM
:welcome: To Autogeek!

I've been a member here for about a year and have found Autogeek to be a very friendly place that possess something out of the ordinary, a personal touch. The staff at Autogeek proudly and with sincerity go that extra mile to ensure your questions are answered quickly and correctly but more importantly if there's a problem it's taken care of immediately!

I've learned allot through reading more threads and posts than I can count. The members here are the very best and possess a passion that sometimes disguises itself as an addiction. This information combined with the knowledge and dedication from the staff and folks at Autogeek is truly a marvel of today.

Hope you hang around for a while! :props:

dad07
12-01-2010, 07:51 AM
:welcome:

l SIC l
12-01-2010, 08:35 AM
Hey guys,

Thanks for the warm welcomes! I will definitely be hanging around and I wouldn't put money on these detailing forum folk to be anything else, truly helpful compared to most other forums out there!

It's always good to talk to new like-minded people :xyxthumbs:

Meghan
12-01-2010, 08:38 AM
:welcome:

Mike Phillips
12-01-2010, 09:52 AM
Hey guys!

My name is Shaarn, I’m from Auckland, New Zealand and I’m 18 years old.

Welcome to Autogeek Online! :welcome:

I am a regular of ‘Supra forums’ US and Australia and also recently ‘Meguiar’s Online’.

MOL is my old stomping grounds, I brought it up from scratch in January of 2004, here's the first thread... (http://meguiarsonline.com/forums/showthread.php?t=5)

Personally I have owned 3 Toyota Supras

I've always like the early Supras and yes, good ones are getting harder to find...

It's always good to talk to new like-minded people :xyxthumbs:

I agree... and that's what I wrote for the introduction statement on the top of MOL back in 2004... man time flies when you're having fun!

As the Internet has evolved, discussion forums have become the primary way like-minded people come together to share their passion and their interests.

Welcome to Autogeek Online, I'm confident you'll find this a fun, friendly and helpful forum...

:)

l SIC l
12-01-2010, 11:08 AM
Thanks Mike,

I looked at that original MOL thread of yours, a little piece of history right there eh? ;) Both are great and very informative forums and I enjoy looking at all the articles and videos posted up - they never get boring!

Already in the month or so I've been on MOL and through looking at different articles on Autogeek, my whole perception of detailing has completely changed, i.e. no more hard sponges, dish washing detergent or driving down the road to "air dry" the car to name a few!!!!

I can't wait to use my new D/A either, my pads and backing plate I just ordered from Autogeek should arrive around back home the same time as we do :xyxthumbs: