PDA

View Full Version : What should I bring in the house?

aceshigh73
12-05-2006, 09:53 PM
So the cold weather finally hit the Northeast.... lower 30's right now.... Winter in full swing....
All my DP, PB, WG, etc products are in an attached garage... Whats everyone's thought as to what I should definitely bring inside and store in the basement?
I figure the DP Glass Cleaner and anything mostly liquid is a no-brainer...
But what about Sealants, Gels, Nubas, Polishs, QD's, etc...
I dont really have a whole lot of room to store everything...so its just the essentials...
Any tips or experience appreciated....

Thanks

edit... Just checked my weather... 26 F. OUCH!!!!

ryandamartini
12-05-2006, 10:13 PM
I always keep my stuff inside and Im in FL! I just dont trust the temperature fluxuations in the garage in any season.

-Ryan

MikeyC
12-05-2006, 11:26 PM
I bring everything that's a chemical inside. I only leave my towels, brushes, and PC out in the garage during the winter. Why risk it?

I really have to bring my stuff inside soon too BTW.

badblzr2
12-05-2006, 11:29 PM
I brought all of my chemicals inside... which is when I realized exactly how much stuff I have... its kind of obnoxious for someone that takes care of only 6 cars.

ltoman
12-06-2006, 12:10 AM
I brought all of my chemicals inside... which is when I realized exactly how much stuff I have... its kind of obnoxious for someone that takes care of only 6 cars.

only six? that is plenty. we have 5 and i am the detailer on them. not a super job yet, but i keep them clean, vacuumed, etc. 2 are in the polish stage right now. one is getting a repaint.

i too, have the stuff in the guest room spare closet, which i have taken over. i dont leave it in te garage because it might disappear ....husband and son, who don't really know or appreciatetheir value.

I JUST GOT MY HUSBAND HOOKED ON THE SCHMITT!!!!

supercharged
12-06-2006, 12:24 AM
So the cold weather finally hit the Northeast.... lower 30's right now.... Winter in full swing....
All my DP, PB, WG, etc products are in an attached garage... Whats everyone's thought as to what I should definitely bring inside and store in the basement?
I figure the DP Glass Cleaner and anything mostly liquid is a no-brainer...
But what about Sealants, Gels, Nubas, Polishs, QD's, etc...
I dont really have a whole lot of room to store everything...so its just the essentials...
Any tips or experience appreciated....

Thanks

edit... Just checked my weather... 26 F. OUCH!!!!
I would check the label on products, and the ones that says:"keep form freezing" I would bring inside. I think it's going to be most, if not all of them.

Good luck.

P1et
12-06-2006, 12:44 AM
It's been in the high 20s here in central Texas all week and for some reason my garage is staying nice on the inside. I'm imagining it's the diesel engine heating it up when I park it when I come home from work!

TOGWT
12-06-2006, 04:21 AM
Storage Temperature (Product):
Car care products should not be stored at temperatures below 40, if they freeze they will become unstable and therefore unusable, ideal storage temperature range- 50- 75oF

Al-53
12-06-2006, 07:37 AM
aceshigh73

Bring your products inside....I left some polishes out last winter and the cold ruined them..they sorta separated and would never remix again...some do contain a slight bit of water...

it is best to bring the products in and keep them in a temp above freezing...

seems sealants are more prone to cold damage than most...they can curdle when exposed to extreme cold...I also shake my bottles every once in awhile to keep things mixed over the winter..so no separation occurs..but thats just me..

AL

aceshigh73
12-06-2006, 10:37 AM
ok, so I'll probably bring most of it in, based on what everyone is saying.... Now I just need to make room in the basement somwhere.... (its a finished basement, so its not like I can just throw a box of stuff on the floor)... and away from the kids....

MikeyC
12-06-2006, 10:51 AM
ok, so I'll probably bring most of it in, based on what everyone is saying.... Now I just need to make room in the basement somwhere.... (its a finished basement, so its not like I can just throw a box of stuff on the floor)... and away from the kids....

I put all my chemicals in some plastic storage boxes that I got at Home Depot. Then I just stack them in a closet in my finished basement.

Avengeance
12-06-2006, 03:38 PM
Im in CA and mine stay in my office closet.

Truls
12-06-2006, 04:05 PM
I take everything innside when winter arives.