PDA

View Full Version : Natty Paste Dusting?

NoleFan
11-29-2010, 08:34 PM
I am having some problems with Nattys Blue dusting on my black vehicle. The first time I had a dry pad, just did the hood, and wiped off. It dusted, but not too bad considering I put it on too thick and didn't wait for it to dry.

Yesterday I did the whole vehicle. I wet the pad with an ONR QD mix,did the whole truck and then went back and buffed. This time trying to put it on thinner, but I had some horrible dusting going on.

What am I doing wrong? Am I still putting it on too thick? Maybe try some different microfibers? Let it dry longer?

Thanks guys & gals! :buffing:

ryanbabz71
11-29-2010, 08:37 PM
hmm wierd only time I have had any dusting with any of the nattys (red, white, or blue) was when I have applied to much. Did you wipe off right away? I usually leave it on for a short period of time (15 min?)

CEE DOG
11-29-2010, 08:43 PM
I wouldn't wet the applicator with ONR or anything else. Just use a clean dry pad and apply it very thin. I usually do apply to the whole car and then start removing at the place I started. You shouldn't get any more then a wee bit of dust if any. If you are getting noticeable dust you are probably applying too thick. You could get a mf towel damp and after you've buffed off just dab the spots where the dust "piled up". Then next time just apply it thinner.

NoleFan
11-29-2010, 08:44 PM
hmm wierd only time I have had any dusting with any of the nattys (red, white, or blue) was when I have applied to much. Did you wipe off right away? I usually leave it on for a short period of time (15 min?)

It was probably around 15 minutes. I started at the hood and worked my way around. Once I got done with the whole truck, I went ahead and took it back off of the truck starting with the panels it was put on first.

I followed it up with a QD final mist, so all was well. I just didn't know if this was normal for the product.

If you put it on any thinner, how can you tell were you were? ;)

fairlady350z
11-29-2010, 08:44 PM

I agree...the only time it dusted for me was if I applied too much product. I usually apply it to the whole car, then go back and wipe off the residue. I still have no issues with excessive dusting. I use plain old water to dampen the applicator pad. Try even thinner when you are applying it maybe?

NoleFan
11-29-2010, 08:46 PM
I guess I just need to apply thinner. Less is more right.

ScottB
11-29-2010, 08:52 PM
very thin indeed ...

fairlady350z
11-29-2010, 08:55 PM
I guess I just need to apply thinner. Less is more right.

you got it! The good old quote "Thin is in", but I prefer "I apply my wax like I like my ladies, thin".

NoleFan
11-30-2010, 12:30 PM
Also, what pads are you guys using with Natty? I got the yellow foam pads from AG, but they don't fit into the Natty Jar, so I feel like I am only getting wax on a portion of the pads. Can I cut them down, or will the pads not last long that way?

swat ss
11-30-2010, 03:48 PM
I use a small 3" red applicator with a velcro backing. works awesome

Fly bye
11-30-2010, 04:31 PM
Can I cut them down?

I wouldn't cut them.