PDA

View Full Version : Pre-Mixing Products????????????

Excessive Detail
11-29-2010, 04:51 PM
So I have a few extra 1 gal containers left over and seeing that most detailing products today can be diluted with various ratios, which I tend to do alot to save money, I was wonder would it be okay to say premix a product in one of my leftover 1 gal containers, so I can basically have a mix ready on hand and all I would have to do is pour it into my spray bottles when needed, or would leaving a mixed product wind up diluting the chemicals to much over time????

Pockets@PoorboysWorld
11-29-2010, 04:54 PM
I would say give somebody a heads up on what the product is that you are talking about?? I could vary greatly on that. We do that with our APC and have not seen any problems.

Excessive Detail
11-29-2010, 05:00 PM
Well, probably going to be two CG Products, Grime Reaper and one of there gel wheel cleaner, basically im going to buy both in a 16 oz size, cheaper and until Im satified on them, rather buy them in that size than 1 gal, but back to the issue, like I said I have empty containers, so Im thinking of just dumping both 16 oz sizes into there own container and mixing, so I dont have to mix each time I have to refill my sprayers.

oldmodman
11-29-2010, 06:02 PM
The only products that I have ever mixed together were liquid soaps.

I had four or five partial containers of various cheapo soaps from target, Costco, and even Fedco. I use them on friends cars that are not "car people"

Works fine but the combo sure smells weird.

MirandaAutoSpa
11-30-2010, 07:07 PM
I use spray bottles from the Totally Awesome Cleaners. They are good quality, the same as meguiars bottles. I premix my glass cleaner, APC, Wheel Brightener, and a few others. I premix two for each product then refill the used up bottles as I run out.
Works well for me, I get perfect ratios and quicker refill time.

ROMEO
11-30-2010, 08:22 PM
Anyone has had experience having ONR premixed?

Setec Astronomy
11-30-2010, 08:28 PM
or would leaving a mixed product wind up diluting the chemicals to much over time????

Unless some physical constants of the universe changed today, the amount of water you mix in today will still be the same amount of water that's in there over time, so the dilution you have today will still be the same dilution a year from now.

The issue I think is more what some of the posters have raised of the possibility of rancidity over time, but since most of the products that people dilute down are also sold pre-diluted, I don't think this is much of an issue.

kronos
11-30-2010, 08:46 PM
Anyone has had experience having ONR premixed?

I always have some mixed, ready to use for clay lube. I've never had a problem with it, even though a mixture will sometimes sit for weeks at a time.

Explicit Shine
11-30-2010, 08:56 PM
I mix products up in gallon jugs and into 5 gallon pressurized tanks. These tanks stay pre mixed for about a month at tops. I have not seen any performance issues at all.

BUT on the note of ONR being premixed i have no found any problems while using it but noticed that the mixture of say clay lube or QD turns clear. As the blue colour fades away how long this takes to happen I'm going to say a couple weeks but thats just a guess.
This happens every time with ONR, using distilled, ionized and tap water.

But i don't think you should have any problems unless to dilute it to much then run out and need a stronger mix then my friend you are hooped. Only thing i could think of that would be a down fall to premixing dilute-able products.