PDA

View Full Version : The power of P21 wheel gel

Pages : [1] 2

quantim0
12-05-2006, 05:12 PM
So I was bored today and took my tires off the car to clean. The insides were really dirty and it was driving me crazy. So up the car goes and off come the tires. I sprayed P21 gel wheel cleaner on the rims and let them sit for about 30 mins. I used my OXO wheel brush and New England wheel brush. They worked great. The junk came right off with some agitation and the wheels are now nice and shiny.

It was a good thing that I took them off because both my rear tires have cracks in the inside tirewall. So they are going to be replaced under warranty. I only had about 1k mi left on them, so it was perfect timing.

Before:
http://i26.photobucket.com/albums/c108/quantim0/IMG_0638.jpg

After:
http://i26.photobucket.com/albums/c108/quantim0/IMG_0640.jpg

ltoman
12-05-2006, 06:03 PM
Have something you would like to trade for some of that? I just got some, but truly, it did not seem to me to outperform any other product I have used thus far. I just have to figure out what it is safe to replace it with, that won't hurt my wheels.

I know Killrwhlls (Scott) loves it, but he has special wheels.

Yikes, time to take your tires off to clean? Egads. Wish I did!!!
:-)
Cool job, nonetheless!! u rock!!
Lauren

ryandamartini
12-05-2006, 07:11 PM
P21S wheel cleaner is for sure the best stuff. Just costs a bit. Great work! :)

dengood1
12-05-2006, 07:32 PM
Have something you would like to trade for some of that? I just got some, but truly, it did not seem to me to outperform any other product I have used thus far. I just have to figure out what it is safe to replace it with, that won't hurt my wheels.

I know Killrwhlls (Scott) loves it, but he has special wheels.

Yikes, time to take your tires off to clean? Egads. Wish I did!!!
:-)
Cool job, nonetheless!! u rock!!
Lauren

Lauren, have you tried the DP Gel wheel cleaner? I was VERY impressed with the cleaning power of it. Spray it on, agitate a little, wheels are spotless!

ltoman
12-05-2006, 07:48 PM
Lauren, have you tried the DP Gel wheel cleaner? I was VERY impressed with the cleaning power of it. Spray it on, agitate a little, wheels are spotless!

Yep, I tried it yesterday. Don't tell me you have to remove the wheels? I got in there and scrubbed each with a tire brush, and it was not any better than the stuff I had been using from AZ. Is it something I did wrong? Of course my wheels, while being on the car, in NO WAY looked as dirty as those above.
What do you think I did wrong? I used a lot of product, too!! The gel.

Lauren T:grouphug: Feed back please

dengood1
12-05-2006, 07:54 PM
Yep, I tried it yesterday. Don't tell me you have to remove the wheels? I got in there and scrubbed each with a tire brush, and it was not any better than the stuff I had been using from AZ. Is it something I did wrong? Of course my wheels, while being on the car, in NO WAY looked as dirty as those above.
What do you think I did wrong? I used a lot of product, too!! The gel.

Lauren T:grouphug: Feed back please

Hmmm, if you're wheels aren't very dirty, then maybe you should try just soap and water to keep from damaging your wheels with a cleaner and maybe use a wheel cleaner every 3rd wash or so. It doesn't sound like you LET them get dirty;) I agree though, the gel sprays way too much. Wish they created a liquid version that you didn't need to use as much and it sprayed easier. Other than than I think it's a great product. Like Killrwheels said though, many of the OTC stuff has acid in them, so be careful with their use.

ltoman
12-05-2006, 07:59 PM
Hmmm, if you're wheels aren't very dirty, then maybe you should try just soap and water to keep from damaging your wheels with a cleaner and maybe use a wheel cleaner every 3rd wash or so. It doesn't sound like you LET them get dirty;) I agree though, the gel sprays way too much. Wish they created a liquid version that you didn't need to use as much and it sprayed easier. Other than than I think it's a great product. Like Killrwheels said though, many of the OTC stuff has acid in them, so be careful with their use.

Yeah, that is probably a good idea - save them for if they get really dirty. If is the underlying question here. Probably when it rains and is cold I can guilt my husband into washing it = nah, never mind. He would do more harm than good, even with good intentions. Oh well. Think I should tradeit off for something else? Ideas? Keep it?

dengood1
12-05-2006, 08:03 PM
Yeah, that is probably a good idea - save them for if they get really dirty. If is the underlying question here. Probably when it rains and is cold I can guilt my husband into washing it = nah, never mind. He would do more harm than good, even with good intentions. Oh well. Think I should tradeit off for something else? Ideas? Keep it?

Yeah, we all think you should trade him in;) lol

Hell no, don't trade it in. You've worked very hard for something you obviously love. Gotta keep it!

ltoman
12-05-2006, 08:08 PM
Yeah, we all think you should trade him in;) lol

Hell no, don't trade it in. You've worked very hard for something you obviously love. Gotta keep it!

(Don't worry, I have a couple of boyfriends for when I am bored and not on the forum. Just don't tell, ok?):p ;)

No, I meant trade the wheel cleaner, not the car!! HEE HEE Gosh I know I am a dumb blond sometimes but even I wouldn't go that far.
Now if a guy gives me the cash to trade it up for an 08 Z06, I think we are talking!!1 lol. yeah, right...)Im the MAN :righton:

dengood1
12-05-2006, 08:32 PM
(Don't worry, I have a couple of boyfriends for when I am bored and not on the forum. Just don't tell, ok?):p ;)

No, I meant trade the wheel cleaner, not the car!! HEE HEE Gosh I know I am a dumb blond sometimes but even I wouldn't go that far.
Now if a guy gives me the cash to trade it up for an 08 Z06, I think we are talking!!1 lol. yeah, right...)Im the MAN :righton:

whew, confused me there! I was like "damn, she wants to sell the vette because she can't keep her wheels clean?" :confused:

ltoman
12-05-2006, 09:44 PM
whew, confused me there! I was like "damn, she wants to sell the vette because she can't keep her wheels clean?" :confused:

lol. :D
i know i am ignorant, but i drove my supra with sometimes dirty alloys; i think the vette can have slightly dirty rims and be just fine.
hee hee. no way - i get rid of the vette if (knock on wood for option a) it turns out to be a p-o-s; or my husband gets this new better job that is a possibility and it gets traded up for an 08 zo6 later in 07. i love my car. it is my second child!
:( but i would need him to front the difference, and both of us are tapped out right now.
nah, think i will just play with this new toy for a while!!!
n-e-ways, think someone would want it - the wheel cleaner spray gel -as a swap?:D

Suprchargd
12-05-2006, 10:06 PM
Pics of Supra? MKIV?

quantim0
12-05-2006, 11:47 PM
I do need something for simple cleaning. I think I am going to go with the DP wheel cleaner. Much cheaper to use and I don't think I'll have some heavy cleaning to do for a little while.

Kelso
12-06-2006, 12:00 AM
i havent used p21s but yea i think its just a super safe wheel cleaner that is designed to sit for a while, not be brushed right off. i prefer soap and water unless i get super dirty wheels, which i dont let happen.

ltoman
12-06-2006, 12:01 AM
Pics of Supra? MKIV?

yes, a 1998 supra -the mark iv. it wasn't polished, because i did not know about that then,but all clearcoat scratches had been very successfully treated and it is in prime condition in the photos- waxed, carpet done, wheels, etc.
I will post them tomorrow for ya, as potobucket is a pain in the butt.ok?;) it looks like dr mike's, but mine was white.