PDA

View Full Version : How was your Thanksgiving?

SeaJay's
11-29-2010, 07:42 AM
Since I haven't really been on here since Wednesday (24th), I figured I'd start a thread to see how everyone's Thanksgiving went. Mine was really good for the most part. Had all the family over and cooked. Meal came out awesome and the family all got along great. So overall Thanksgiving day was a good day.

Unfortunately, my dog Kaia (pic below) has been sick since Friday night. Throwing up and diarrhea, not eating, can't hold any water down. Yesterday, after two sleepless nights, we took her to the vet and they determined that it's a bacterial infection, and they had to give her and IV for fluids and antibiotics. And last night she was up every hour with diarrhea, but good news is she finally is holding down water. Still isn't eating, but at least she's getting some water now.

So, 3 sleepless nights now, and no detailing over the weekend, made it a very long and tiring weekend.

http://i38.photobucket.com/albums/e147/JPerrydore/Kaia2.jpg

Meghan
11-29-2010, 08:12 AM
Cute dog, hope she feels better. My Thanksgiving was great, thanks for asking. Most of us Autogeekers spent a lot of time working with all the specials we had going on, but it was a fun time!
Had the family all around for the weekend, got to spend a lot of time with everyone.
I would love to see some photos of everyone's Thanksgiving day!

SeaJay's
11-29-2010, 08:16 AM
Yeah you guys were busy this weekend! I unfortunately didn't have the time to actually get on here and make some purchases! We also didn't take any pictures on Thanksgiving, which I think is a first.

Well my girlfriend just called and she has to take another trip back to the vet. She's now having an allergic reaction to the meds they gave her. Plus my other dog is now sick as well...going to be a long day!!!

BobbyG
11-29-2010, 08:31 AM
My Thanksgiving was good! :props:

Thanksgiving is one of the easiest meals to prepare and once again I outdid my self.....

Both our daughters were over with their significant other. I did all the cooking which is my choice. I have a secret well guarded turkey stuffing recipe that I make that everyone loves.

Instead of sitting at the dinning room table, we all sat in the family room, ate, and watched the New England Patriots frustrate yet another team...

Good day, great food, family, and football...........Im the MAN

SeaJay's
11-29-2010, 08:33 AM
Glad to hear that your a cook as well Bobby! I did the cooking for everyone, as I have the past 3 years. I have a brine that I use for my turkey every year and I must say it comes out AWESOME! One thing it does do it screw up my cooking times though. I always forget about that and this year my 22lb turkey was done in 2 and half hours...

Meghan
11-29-2010, 08:36 AM
Instead of sitting at the dinning room table, we all sat in the family room, ate, and watched the New England Patriots frustrate yet another team...

:dblthumb2:

MrHandWash
11-29-2010, 10:38 AM
Could've been better. Both of my cars broke down, got 1 fixed. Have to sell my 91 rx7 FC3C now for cheap since it's screwed. I just paid it off =/ got into a conflict with the fiance and now we are seeing eachother less. I also am getting kicked out of my house after December. I'm pretty sure... this is the worst Thanksgiving I've ever had.

Other than that, the food was good :xyxthumbs:

SeaJay's
11-29-2010, 10:39 AM
Sorry to hear that your thanksgiving wasn't good. Keep your head up, things will turn around!

BobbyG
11-29-2010, 10:45 AM
I have a brine that I use for my turkey every year and I must say it comes out AWESOME! One thing it does do it screw up my cooking times though. I always forget about that and this year my 22lb turkey was done in 2 and half hours...

Wow; 2 1/2 hours! Is this one of those deep fryers I hear allot about?

SeaJay's
11-29-2010, 10:54 AM
No it's just in my oven. I roast it on 500 for 30 minutes, then bring it down to 350 for the rest of it. But the brine that I soak it in overnight is a salt/sugar brine, so I think that it makes it cook much faster than it normally would. Has always come out juicy and delicious though!

Scott DeBrun
11-29-2010, 11:42 AM
Went down to Fuquay to shine up the mom mobile. It came out nice with a combo of Einzett,Pinnacle and SigII but I will have to go back down when the weather is warmer and clay it but she was happy with her shiny car so that's what counts. It took me 5 hrs so I was ready for some Thanksgiving turkey with gingerbread and whipcream as a topper. No I didn't eat them all at once.Im the MAN

Yancy
11-29-2010, 11:43 AM
Mine was great, pigged out and relaxed and watched some movies, not very often that I get to do that. :)

SeaJay's
11-30-2010, 08:12 AM
Quick update on my sick pup....

So, yesterday I came home from work to watch her because she was still not eating or drinking, but still had diarrhea and vomiting. Last night around 6 or so, my girlfriend and I decided that we better take her to the emergency vet, since she was only getting worse.

So, they ended up having to keep her over night last night to ensure she got plenty of fluids through an IV, plus a couple injections to help bring her protein levels back to normal, and bring her kidney enzymes back down.

I'm currently waiting for them to call me to come and get her....so, $1,000 later....great way to start off my holiday shopping! lol. Looks like it's going to be a small xmas this year!