PDA

View Full Version : Products or tools for the hard to reach areas.

Streetmagus
11-29-2010, 12:26 AM
Hello everyone,

I need product or tool recommendations for detailing/cleaning the hard to reach areas. I had recently polilshed and waxed my car, but I noticed the little trim grooves still remained dirty and brown. The rest of the area where the pad was able to reach turned out great. I just don't know what to use to clean these grooves.
The area I need help with is the paint area between headlight and grille. This area is too small for me to buff. I was able to clay the dirt away though.
The next areas are basically the grooves between the doors, the grooves on my side trims.
I can manually take a cloth and use my finger to clean these grooves but that would take forever, and the clothes I have are not very effective. Any recommendation is appreciated!

Thanks in advance!

JonMiles
11-29-2010, 12:53 AM
Boar's hair small round detailing brush and APC+ could be a good solution for you. To seal you may want to consider something like UPGP so you just have to get the sealant in the area then you can walk away with no worries.

Streetmagus
11-29-2010, 07:13 AM
Boar's hair small round detailing brush and APC+ could be a good solution for you. To seal you may want to consider something like UPGP so you just have to get the sealant in the area then you can walk away with no worries.

Thanks! I'm not familiar with the acronyms (APC+, UPGP). Sorry for my ignorance.

BillE
11-29-2010, 07:30 AM
Try super soft tooth brushes. The ones for little kids seem to be the softest when new.

Adult sizes, even though the say "soft" are pretty course. Soaking them in hot water (when new) helps to soften them, other wise find a well use one.

Works for me.

Bill

Dubbin1
11-29-2010, 11:52 AM

APC+ isn't safe on paint and would most likely strip the wax.

Dubbin1
11-29-2010, 11:53 AM
I can manually take a cloth and use my finger to clean these grooves but that would take forever

That's just part of detailing ;) Pick up a detailing brush, it should help a ton.

Grizzly
11-29-2010, 10:37 PM
I like using the cheap Walmart paint brushes for 99 cents.

They do a good job of getting in the cracks and crevices.