PDA

View Full Version : Review-- Duragloss Aquawax

Pages : [1] 2

FloridaNative
12-05-2006, 04:03 PM
Hello everybody. :) I hope that everybody is well and getting excited about the holidays. I was out cleaning the car this morning even though I knew it was going to rain, I just couldn't help it. I cannot stand seeing my car dirty. Well anyway, I did a thorough cleaning of the interior and then washed her up good. I noticed big blobby water drops on my car while I was washing and I knew that I was going to need to apply some wax, but I had to be somewhere by 12pm and I knew I wasn't going to have the time to wax the car before I left so I went into my detailing stash and grabbed my bottle of Aquawax.

I sprayed it on and wiped it off with my Cobra Super Plush Junior MF (I love this towel!!) turning it to a dry side for the final wipe. The aquawax left a nice shine and it made the paint look very clean and clear. After I had applied it to the entire car, I just had time for a quick shower before I had to leave. Sure enough the rain came down as I knew it would, but when I saw how much tighter the beads were on my car after applying the Aquawax I was very impressed! I figured it would leave some protection, but I didn't expect the beading to be as good as it was!! So, I just had to take some pics of it and write a review about this product to let you all know what a gem it is! Thank you all for taking the time to read my review. Enjoy the pics. :)

http://i110.photobucket.com/albums/n106/FloridaNat1ve/beading1.jpg

http://i110.photobucket.com/albums/n106/FloridaNat1ve/beading2.jpg

http://i110.photobucket.com/albums/n106/FloridaNat1ve/Aquawax.jpg

Surfer
12-05-2006, 04:10 PM
AW is great, I like it a lot. Not sure if the rain lessened it or not right after you applied, but generally, wait till the next day and you'll see a noticeable difference from when applied. Even over a nuba it gives a little extra depth/wettness which is suprising.

ryandamartini
12-05-2006, 04:20 PM
AW is great, I like it a lot. Not sure if the rain lessened it or not right after you applied, but generally, wait till the next day and you'll see a noticeable difference from when applied. Even over a nuba it gives a little extra depth/wettness which is suprising.

Ditto. After a one to two day period of it curing, you will step out and be like DAMN!

qadsan
12-05-2006, 05:05 PM
I've become a real fan of the Duragloss products over the last couple months. I've been using their Aquawax, Fast Clean & Shine, Total Performance Polish and their Car Wash soap, all of which have truly impressed me over the countless other brands of products I've tried. Their car wash soap is definitely among the best I've ever tried. And so far my long term testing of TPP + AW on a couple different vehicles being kept outside 100% of the time is going strong after a couple months without showing any signs of losing any durability. The finish is still slick, beading is still awesome and the gloss looks as good as day one. Bugs stains and other bonded comtaminants are still easily be washed off with minimal pressure. I'm very happy with the Duragloss products I've used so far.

supercharged
12-06-2006, 01:29 AM
Hello everybody. :) I hope that everybody is well and getting excited about the holidays. I was out cleaning the car this morning even though I knew it was going to rain, I just couldn't help it. I cannot stand seeing my car dirty. Well anyway, I did a thorough cleaning of the interior and then washed her up good. I noticed big blobby water drops on my car while I was washing and I knew that I was going to need to apply some wax, but I had to be somewhere by 12pm and I knew I wasn't going to have the time to wax the car before I left so I went into my detailing stash and grabbed my bottle of Aquawax.

I sprayed it on and wiped it off with my Cobra Super Plush Junior MF (I love this towel!!) turning it to a dry side for the final wipe. The aquawax left a nice shine and it made the paint look very clean and clear. After I had applied it to the entire car, I just had time for a quick shower before I had to leave. Sure enough the rain came down as I knew it would, but when I saw how much tighter the beads were on my car after applying the Aquawax I was very impressed! I figured it would leave some protection, but I didn't expect the beading to be as good as it was!! So, I just had to take some pics of it and write a review about this product to let you all know what a gem it is! Thank you all for taking the time to read my review. Enjoy the pics. :)

Thanks for review, FloridaNative. I got a bottle prdered myself. Going to try it and post some pics. But no Cobra Super Plush Junior MF towel yet:( .

ScottB
12-07-2006, 10:47 AM
I still think 425 looks better and less likely to streak, but I have really been more impressed with the Duragloss 921 Spray/Wipe product. It doesnt really seem to clean, but more of a watered down AQW. Less streaking, same look, and same smell.

qadsan
12-07-2006, 01:14 PM
I also like the 921 Fast Clean and Shine. 921 also has anti-static properties to minimize the attraction of dirt / dust and it smells good too. I use it after a wash to add a little more gloss and beauty to the finish.

badblzr2
12-07-2006, 02:12 PM
I like AW and FC&S... I did half of my hood with 921 and left the other side bare after a wash (I mean it had CG 5050 on it, so not actually bare). There was actually a discernable difference in the amount of dust on the hood the next morning. It wasn't night and day, but I believe the anti-static properties are legit. I'll be going for the gallon as soon as I use up all my other qd's...

Z06-Goose
12-07-2006, 04:13 PM
Everywhere I go these days, I hear nothing but great things about Duragloss. I'm also intrigued by one of their products -which I can't remember which one- that serves as a good base for ANY paint sealant. It's I belive a bonding agent. Can somebody talk a bit about this bonding DG product?
Thx-Goose

FloridaNative
12-07-2006, 04:30 PM
Ditto. After a one to two day period of it curing, you will step out and be like DAMN!

:iagree: I went out the next day and even though the car was dusty from being out overnight and the raindrops drying on it, I could see that the paint was much shinier. I couldn't get any pics because it keeps raining on and off, but I really liked the look of the Aquawax. :) Even after several rain storms the beading is still good. It is not quite as tight as it was right after I applied it, but it is holding well. :)

ryandamartini
12-07-2006, 04:40 PM
:iagree: I went out the next day and even though the car was dusty from being out overnight and the raindrops drying on it, I could see that the paint was much shinier. I couldn't get any pics because it keeps raining on and off, but I really liked the look of the Aquawax. :) Even after several rain storms the beading is still good. It is not quite as tight as it was right after I applied it, but it is holding well. :)

Is the wax by itself? I find a layer of awuawax applied with the car still wet will hold for about two months while retaining looks.

FloridaNative
12-07-2006, 04:56 PM
Is the wax by itself? I find a layer of awuawax applied with the car still wet will hold for about two months while retaining looks.

I have Souveran paste on it, but it's time for a re-wax.

Bulla2000
03-25-2007, 09:33 AM
Is it better to use AW on wet or dry surface? Has someone used AQ and Prima Hydro both? What are the difference?

Jimmie
03-25-2007, 10:28 AM

Thanks for the really cool pics.

Jimmie
03-25-2007, 12:07 PM
Sorry I jumped on this before I looked at the date. Still, cool pics.