PDA

View Full Version : Anyone using the 3M/Edge Pads?

davidc
11-28-2010, 02:47 PM
Anyone using this system?. I like the wool pad selection that Edge has as my 3M double sided compounding pad is on it's last legs. 3M does not make the super buff pads that thread on the rotary spindle and the 3M adapter for the 5/8 spindle is 45 bucks, I have a hard time justifying 45 bucks that are used for their pads exclusively, I am not really interested in changing pads in 5 seconds either. If people are using this system and really like it I will pony up the money but I want to hear about the positives/negatives.

Dave

davidc
11-29-2010, 01:23 PM
No one using this quick change?. Was it something I said?. Maybe no reply means there is no trust in the quick change system or it is to costly?

Dave

Setec Astronomy
11-29-2010, 02:17 PM
Well...it seems like 3M has a smaller selection now (of the Edge pads) than before they bought Edge, at least in the foam pads.

That being said, Mike Phillips just had a bunch of good things to say about the Edge system in general in the thread about the variable-speed Cyclo. To be honest, I bought the Edge system for both my PC's and my Flex (and I maybe even bought the rotary adapter?) but I have never gotten around to trying it (too many pads, too few cars...).

WRAPT C5Z06
11-29-2010, 02:21 PM
I just bought the black edge wool pad and adapter for my flex 3403. It's the only 6" wool pad available that will work well with the 3403.

Emm
11-29-2010, 02:35 PM
I used to love the edge system for my PC 7424XP, but now the pad selection is smaller and I now have the Flex and 3M doesn't make the backing plate anymore, or else I would still be using it.

davidc
12-01-2010, 02:19 PM
Think I will wait to see what all the fuss is about with the Meguiars micro fibre system is all about. If it doesn't fit what i want I will go with the 3M/Edge double sided wool system.
Thanks for the input

Dave

RightWay
12-01-2010, 04:18 PM
I only use edge pads and think there great! I have the adapters on my Pc's flex, and Dewalt. I have the waffle 8" flat face 6" and 4" cyclo flat pads

tuscarora dave
12-01-2010, 04:43 PM
I have all the 8" flat pads' the wavy 8" finishing pads, several 6" DA pads and a few orange and white Cyclo Double Precision pads. I find that the Cyclo Double Precision pads self destruct on the G110V2 at full speed but work great on the Cyclo. All the rest I use for my rotary and love them. What I like the best about them on the rotary is that they are always perfectly centered and there is Zero vibration while using them. IMO the G110V2 is too much of a toy to spin the 6" DA Edge pads. The 6" DA pads are my go to Edge pads for the rotary though.