PDA

View Full Version : 36 Ounce Detail Bottle

Pages : [1] 2

Suprchargd
12-05-2006, 11:08 AM
Is it normal for the sprayers that come with the 36oz detail bottles to shoot out a "line" of liquid?

I didn't even think about it when I ordered them, I just figured they were "mist" sprayers as usual. Kind of makes the sprayer useless other than spot cleaning carpets. I was going to use them for QD duty but shooting lines of product that splatters everywhere doesn't work out too well.

Anyone know where I can find some mist sprayers to replace these with locally? KMarts or Target maybe?

Surfer
12-05-2006, 11:18 AM
There's no nozzle to adjust?? Weird? If anything you might be able to pickup a spray head to fit the bottles that has an adjustable nozzle.

supercharged
12-05-2006, 11:19 AM
The sprayer you are talking about should spray just fine. It is adjustable. Just adjust that little cap by turning it. You might have some trouble shoting gel wheel cleaners through it, but regular liquids should be just fine. I have one and it works. (DP gel wheel cleaner bottle is a PITA to adjust though, after all it is gel).

Meghan
12-05-2006, 11:45 AM
The heads on the sprayers turn to adjust from spray to mist.

bambo2888
12-05-2006, 11:58 AM
i'd stick away from shooting lines :rolleyes:

Kelso
12-05-2006, 03:15 PM
when your holding it facing away from youself, turn the tip to the left and it will spray as a mist. if you turn it all the way it will lock and nothing will shoot out, turn to the right and it will start to be more of a stream. adjust it how you like it. theyre nice bottles but a little fat on the bottom which im not used ot having

P1et
12-05-2006, 05:06 PM
I LOVE IT BAMBO!!!

I really like the Zep spraybottles at Home Depot.

Suprchargd
12-05-2006, 08:56 PM
Yes I did realize they were adjustable, I haven't tried the other two out yet, but this one that I did fill up sprays pretty much a stream only no matter how much I twist either way.

I was doing like 1/2 turns of the nozzle the first time I tried it which is why all I got was a stream going. I went back out and closed it all the way, then just opened the nozzle a teensy bit and I was able to get a mist. Another little twist and it was stream action.

Thats not really much adjustment, kind of stupid to have 1/8 of a turn the "mist zone" and then the other 4 possible full turns of the nozzle to all be a stream. I kinda figured it would be more progressive. Good bottles otherwise, I like the dilution markings.

Reddwarf
12-05-2006, 09:14 PM
I've had the same problem with some of the sprayers. Despite adjusting the nozzel it still squirts out a stream and not a spray.

Kelso
12-05-2006, 09:41 PM
hmmm... make sure its clean, at work, if we get a piece of dirt or something in the nozzle, its a stream...clean it out and it sprays great. just shoot water in try to clean it out... ill check my bottle and see how adjustable it is

edit: just checked it out and your right it really is like 2 settings only...

Suprchargd
12-05-2006, 10:01 PM
Alright well I'm glad I'm not the only one, I guess.

Surfer
12-05-2006, 11:54 PM
Same thing has been happening with my WG Detail spray, it will mist but at the same time a friggen straight stream shoots out the left lol, I cannot figure out why. Can't use it anymore as it makes a mess no matter the angle or adjustment, checked the nozzle and it's not blocked, even used a needle thinking something clogged it, but nope.

noname5
12-06-2006, 01:27 PM
Hi suprchargd. I saw this post last night and tried to register to respond but unfortunately there's a dual-confirmation system.

Anyhoo, I have the same problem you have. I'm pretty sure all adjustable spray bottles are like this. I've purchased the small empty bottles from Wal-Mart, the large 32 oz from Rubbermaid, and also the same bottle you have from AG. All exhibit the same problem of streaming.

Here's what I found: at most any setting, it will stream! How annyoing. However, there is an extremely narrow range between complete shut off and stream where it will actually mist. You need to use some extremely fine control and end up wasting whatever product you have in the bottle to test it multiple times to find the "sweet spot."

It's unfortunate, but seems to be the way these bottles are produced. Regardless, it still seems difficult to get a super fine mist like you would find in something like a Meg's QD bottle, for example. It seems only the fixed-spray bottles managed to get it right. You would think that once you spend $3-$6 on an empty spray bottle would yield a bottle that could do a better job that a $4 spray bottle that ALSO has a QD in it! But I suppose not. :confused:

So basically, you have to find that EXTREMELY narrow setting. Hope that helps!

Nica
12-06-2006, 01:33 PM
Paul34, that's good feed back but seems quite ignorant if you ask me. Sounds like you had to learn the hard way. Isn't there a fix for this? Why can't the manufacture take a look at it's bottles? Just my thoughts.

noname5
12-06-2006, 01:40 PM
Paul34, that's good feed back but seems quite ignorant if you ask me. Sounds like you had to learn the hard way. Isn't there a fix for this? Why can't the manufacture take a look at it's bottles? Just my thoughts.
Yea that's the thing; I really have no idea why its like that! That's why I'm so confused, but it seems that its just "like that" so what can you do, you know? It does seem ignorant of the manufacturers, but :confused: