PDA

View Full Version : Anybody using Pinnacle's Polishing Pal?

Miketphoto
11-27-2010, 06:19 PM
I work by hand and am contemplating getting the Pinnacle Polishing Pad kit with the different pads. Does anybody have any experience with it? Does it provide any advantage over just holding a pad in your hand? Any insight would be greatly appreciated to help me make my decision to buy. I know there is no comparison to a DA but if it improves hand work it would be worth it for me.

dougaross
11-27-2010, 06:26 PM
I only use it occasionally in tight places. It provides even pressure and is easy to hold. The pads also work on a PC with 4 in backing plate.

05xrunner
11-27-2010, 06:30 PM
I just ordered the Polishing Pal combo from Autogeek..granted I wont get to use it for a few months cause of winter..but reasons I bought it..I find it is easier to hold, you get even pressure and not just the pressure from your fingers..you get a larger area that contacts the paint so you can put the wax faster and more evenly, stop the cramping feeling in my fingers after using a pad for a while waxing, and the 3.5" pads that come in the kit fit in the wax jars to apply the wax to the pad. no need to take it out of the jar and risk dropping it to the ground LOL

wytstang
11-27-2010, 09:31 PM
It is very easy to hold and apply even pressure. Takes the stress off your fingers as well. If you plan on doing any type of paint correction by hand the polishing pal is the best way to do so.

350z00m
11-27-2010, 10:07 PM
i use it all the time when i wax or seal... i love it . easy to use and my hand doesnt cramp up! lol

AndrewBall
11-27-2010, 10:22 PM
i apply all waxes by hand, ive been thinking of picking this up. tired of cramps in my hand. Sounds like i might have to grab one.

Vjeszczi
11-27-2010, 10:30 PM
I have 2 of them, love using them. I haven't used them for correction though just for pre sealant cleaners with the white pads and waxes and sealants with the red pads.

mad992
11-28-2010, 03:57 AM
i use the polishing pal i love it money well spent good for applying sealants and wax

DaHen
11-28-2010, 05:23 AM
Highly recommend it if your not into the power tools. Used one for the first time two months ago.
Even for the clay bar, got the Clay Disc for the Polishing Pay as well.

Miketphoto
11-28-2010, 06:34 AM
Thanks everyone. It sounds like it will be money well spent. Now to get one on the way.

dougaross
11-28-2010, 07:47 AM
Highly recommend it if your not into the power tools. Used one for the first time two months ago.
Even for the clay bar, got the Clay Disc for the Polishing Pay as well.
there are also discs for polishing glass