PDA

View Full Version : I need a glossy tire : DP,Optimum,PB ?

Pages : [1] 2 3

cobraa
11-27-2010, 11:18 AM
I have a gallon of CG solvent dressing but I rather use something more safe for the tire.

I also have a gallon of 303 protector. Great product, last a long time but even with 2 coats ( I even tried 3 coats lol) it will never get glossy.

My cart is full, I'm just waiting for a tire dressing. Right now DP gloss tire gel is on BOGO, Should I get this?

I found some reviews about Optimum but the conclusion is that both tire shine and opti-bond is pretty much the same lol..

My free sample will be PB bold and bright gel so I rathe rnot buy this bottle since it's my sample.

Oh and thanks for taking your times!

PAR Detailing
11-27-2010, 11:26 AM
I bought the wolfgang awhile back when it was on bogo. I now have 2 gallons of this stuff. I really like it and I'll probably die before I use it all. It gives a nice glossy appearance but not anything gross looking. You can always give it a wipedown to tone the gloss down a bit if needed

rwright
11-27-2010, 11:35 AM
I am a big fan of the new formula DP Gloss Tire Gel (http://www.autogeek.net/dp330.html) and Optimum Opti-Bond (http://www.autogeek.net/optimum-opti-bond-tire-gel-32oz.html) gel, for spray I like Surf City Garage Beyond Black Pro; apply to microfiber applicator then swipe.

DARK HORSE
11-27-2010, 11:49 AM
All of the products listed above are great and you can't go wrong with any of them (I've used all of them). However if it were me, I would go for the DP, it's a great value at regular price and and even better value on BOGO. Of all the dressings I've used it is tied for 1st place as my very favorite with Pinn Black Onyx. DP offers a deeper, richer, glossier look then Optibond and looks outstanding. Heck, and on BOGO you could even trade a bottle away for something else if you want.

AeroCleanse
11-27-2010, 11:58 AM
For gloss I use Meguiars All Season Dressing, for a more matte finish, 1z Vinyl-Rubber

Dubbin1
11-27-2010, 12:10 PM
I find I get more shine from the DP then I do from the OB. Plus you can't beat the BOGO right now.

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

WRAPT C5Z06
11-27-2010, 12:16 PM
I've tried all of them and I think DP is the glossiest, but the other 2 aren't far behind.

cobraa
11-27-2010, 12:35 PM
guess I will add 2 bottle of DP haha! Thanks guy.

trhland
11-27-2010, 01:35 PM
2 coats of pinnacle tire dressing and u got a nice wet look .

akimel
11-27-2010, 02:20 PM
I have to wonder whether the solvent-based dressings that are made by the more reliable manufacturers (e.g., Meguiar's, Chemical Guys, etc.) are in fact destructive to tire rubber, as is occasionally claimed on the internet. I have never seen any documentation to support this claim, and Meguiar's, at least, denies that their dressings damage tires. One sometimes hears the claim that tire manufacturers will void the warranty if a solvent dressing has been used, but again I have not found any verification for this.

I prefer water-based dressings myself, both for look and ease of use. But if I preferred a high-gloss look or needed longer durability, I think I'd feel comfortable using a good solvent-dressing.

CEE DOG
11-27-2010, 02:49 PM
I agree the DP is the way to go. I didn't think I could like something more then Opti but DP is just as good in looks but it completely dries to the touch. Very nice!
Also as far as gloss goes you will see different results depending on the tire you apply the dressing to.
Tad shared some Black Onyx with me and it looks geat as well. I've only used the BO once so far since I haven't had it long.

Proud member of the People for Ethical Treatment of Daner

BobbyG
11-27-2010, 03:21 PM
All of the products listed above are great and you can't go wrong with any of them (I've used all of them). However if it were me, I would go for the DP, it's a great value at regular price and and even better value on BOGO. Of all the dressings I've used it is tied for 1st place as my very favorite with Pinn Black Onyx. DP offers a deeper, richer, glossier look then Optibond and looks outstanding. Heck, and on BOGO you could even trade a bottle away for something else if you want.

:iagree: Tad's right on the money!

Pinnacle Black Onyx is about the glossiest tire product you'll find. That said, DP Gloss Tire Gel, and Wolfgang Black Diamond Tire Gel are all in this arena and work very well.

I bought Wolfgang Black Diamond Tire Gel and DP Gloss Tire Gel through BOGO so it was a great deal. I probably have more then I'll need but I'd rather have too much than not enough!

yakky
11-27-2010, 05:20 PM
If you like water based dressings with gloss, its hard to beat Mother's FX. Very bright and as durable if not more than Optibond. I was really sort of let down by PB Bold and Bright Gel. Very similar to Optibond but more expensive. Smells awesome though.

Nick R.
11-27-2010, 05:57 PM
My go to tire dressing is DP Gloss Tire Gel, and that's how it will be as long as they keep making the stuff. :props:

I prefer the low-gloss, matte finish so I use about a 1.5" strip of product on my tire swipe and that's more than enough to do my 65 series tires (1.5" strip per tire). But every now and then I'll throw on a second coat after about half hour and it really makes the tires POP, but it's still not ridiculously glossy.

No matter how much or how little product I use, I still haven't been able to get the product to "dry" to the touch. I've never had a problem with it slinging, but whether it's 5 minutes after applying the product or 2 days after applying the product, I still get it on my hands if I touch the tires. It can be a minor annoyance when I work on my car, which unfortunatley is quite often. But it's still my go to tire dressing regardless. Im the MAN

Oh, and I purchased my 32 ounce bottle back in June and I still have half the bottle left and I use it every other week. :dblthumb2:

bodavenport
11-27-2010, 06:33 PM
I use Croftgate's tire dressing, have not found anything wetter that does not sling.

http://i750.photobucket.com/albums/xx144/bo_davenport/Evolution%20Detail/018.jpg