PDA

View Full Version : I don't think this one will buff out . . .

Pages : [1] 2 3

NorahCRV
12-05-2006, 08:41 AM
Driving home from work this afternoon, I was hit by a red-light runner. My light had been green for at least 5 seconds (by eyewitness accounts), when I ventured slowly into the intersection, I caught a glimpse of another vehicle speeding down the cross street. I hit my brakes as hard as I could & was at a dead stop when he hit my left front corner, and here's the results . . .

http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y142/norahcrv/61204Hervie/DSC01472.jpg

http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y142/norahcrv/61204Hervie/DSC01477.jpg

http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y142/norahcrv/61204Hervie/DSC01480.jpg

http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y142/norahcrv/61204Hervie/DSC01484.jpg

http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y142/norahcrv/61204Hervie/DSC01485.jpg

http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y142/norahcrv/61204Hervie/DSC01486.jpg

http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y142/norahcrv/61204Hervie/DSC01498.jpg

The good thing is that I was able to walk away from this without a scratch (I am feeling a little stiff & sore now though) & witnesses did stop & offer assistance.

And the lesson learned from this, is that if I had not entered the intersection slowly, checking as I went, I would have been in the middle of the street & would not be typing this post. So please, be VERY defensive out there, folks!!

PS - before you get on me about the dusty condition of the car, it WAS clean before the gardeners at work got to it with their leaf blowers :(

Meghan
12-05-2006, 08:48 AM
Norah, cars you can replace, most important thing is you are here to tell us about it. :grouphug: Glad it was not any worse, and I am sorry about your car, we all know you love to keep it nice and shiney.:mad: It is a shame at a green light you should even have to look to see if anyone is coming, but you do, at least if you want to live to pass through the light!:(
Get some rest and take a day off, couch will make you feel better!

cwcad
12-05-2006, 08:52 AM
Am glad to hear that you are alright. Take care of yourself and report on the condition and progress of your car as well as how you are doing. Sometimes things come up later so make sure that you get checked out by a doctor to make sure there is not something that is hidden. You know...Post traumatic kind of things.

supercharged
12-05-2006, 09:11 AM
Glad to hear that you walked away without a scratch. Still, go ahead and get checked by a doctor to make sure you are fine. And yes, even a rotary won't buff that Honda now.;)

Nica
12-05-2006, 09:19 AM
Sorry to hear about your car but look at the bright side, you’re okay and able to tell the story. I totally agree with cwcad "..get checked..". Health is something you can't go with out...besides if you don't have your health you can't detail and I can't get feed back and process and pictures of finished products

teeks
12-05-2006, 10:14 AM
='(

abrcrombe
12-05-2006, 10:53 AM
Yeeks!! Glad you are ok.

Surfer
12-05-2006, 11:12 AM
Ehhh that'll buff right out, little OC should take care of it:D. Sorry to hear. Awhile ago my friend and I were in his big ol' diesel Ram, brand new, leaving the movies and a car cuts us off through a light. Diesel Ram - 1, Civic - 0 lol, that car looked liked it went through a trash compactor after hitting our truck, his truck just had little damage in comparison.

Good luck, and hopefully it goes to a decent bodyshop!

libtech
12-05-2006, 11:25 AM
Nora--it is good that you're okay!! Jeez, that's something scary to go through. I hope the red light runner got charged and with a hefty fine to boot.

My main question, is, though...after you ascertained that you were okay, how did you keep from jumping out of your beloved CRV and kicking the crap out of the ignoramus that did that??? If someone banged up Golda Toyota that way I would probably have to rip their head off! :mad: LOL

Seriously, best wishes with getting everything all sorted out. And I'm with Nica and cwcad, don't delay in getting looked at by some medical professionals just to make sure your body is okay. And if it's not, get yourself to the appropriate body shop, too. :D

supercharged
12-05-2006, 11:28 AM
Ehhh that'll buff right out, little OC should take care of it:D. Sorry to hear. Awhile ago my friend and I were in his big ol' diesel Ram, brand new, leaving the movies and a car cuts us off through a light. Diesel Ram - 1, Civic - 0 lol, that car looked liked it went through a trash compactor after hitting our truck, his truck just had little damage in comparison.

Good luck, and hopefully it goes to a decent bodyshop!

Safety is very important. A lot of people don't consider that when purchasing a vehicle. SUVs are safe, cars - it depends on make and model. I really don't understand how people buy all those small little "gas savers" and are proud of driving one, when in reality you "flick it with a finger", and it will look like it went throgh a trash compactor. And don't tell me that air bags will help. Where will that crash energy be absorbed? Some people don't have money for extra gas for safer vehicles, but they sure have money to buy "style" clothes for crazy prices. Some people will stick a sticker on their rear bumper:"my child is an honor student", but they will wash their car once a year...

Again, some people...some weird people...;)

bambo2888
12-05-2006, 11:57 AM
glad you're ok... question: why is the bumper all black?

ltoman
12-05-2006, 12:14 PM
Nora,
Someone was watching out for you! I am glad you are okay! Tis the season to drive VERY poorly.
I can't see your photos on this computer, but, that is what I pay car insurance for. Seems to me that HIS insurance should pick up that repair and the deductible, no? He is lucky there is no lawsuit.
God bless and take care. Consider what I said.
Lauren

dengood1
12-05-2006, 12:33 PM
Thank God you SLOWLY pulled out into the intersection. I ALWAYS double check for red light runners when pulling out because of a VERY close call I had. Well, look at the bright side--you're fine and it may be a sign telling you to go buy yourself a nice, NEW car for Christmas to take care of;-) The guy who hit you probably just stole someone's Playstation 3 in the parking lot of Best Buy! Karma baby, karma;) Glad you're ok.

Sevenrd
12-05-2006, 03:02 PM
I'm glad to hear you are ok!

I had the same type of thing happen to me a few years back. My light turns green, I venture out into the intersection (to my left was a big truck, which blocked my view). The truck next to me slams on his brakes, but for me it was too late. Right in front of me is a car flashing by. Some guy ran the red and struck the front of my car - or rather I slammed on the brakes but hit is right rear quarter panel. I was fine, and fortunately the other driver was, as his car actually rolled from the impact. That gives you an idea of how fast the guy was going.

Kelso
12-05-2006, 03:11 PM
wow, thats pretty insane, your lucky though