PDA

View Full Version : Dynabrade random orbital polisher kit

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

tuscarora dave
11-26-2010, 04:43 PM
I just ordered this kit from Dynabrade that converts your rotary polisher into a random orbital polisher with the push of a button. Have any of you guys/gals ever used one of these or heard how they work? I bought it more out of curiosity than out of necessity. I guess I just wanted a new toy to play with.
http://i528.photobucket.com/albums/dd323/tuscaroradave/prodimagephp.jpg

Jason
11-26-2010, 05:21 PM
I liked it, I just did not like how much it weights.

tuscarora dave
11-26-2010, 05:36 PM
I thought that this might be fun to use with a light weight rotary polisher. From what I gather, Dynabrade makes very high quality stuff. Thanks for the reply.

Jason
11-26-2010, 05:38 PM
I was using it on my old makita. I'm not sure about using it on the light weight flex.

ANeat
11-26-2010, 08:38 PM
I looked at it but heck it costs almost as much as a PC.

Dave did you find a good deal on those??

Custom Detail
11-27-2010, 12:50 PM
We have 3 and use them on the cheap HFT buffers work great. BUT put a 6" backing plate on it the 8" it comes with is to big and awkward, hard to control, and make the pattern to big.

tuscarora dave
11-27-2010, 01:17 PM
I looked at it but heck it costs almost as much as a PC.

Dave did you find a good deal on those??
I found them here . LINK REMOVED USE GOOGLE OR BING SEARCH

We have 3 and use them on the cheap HFT buffers work great. BUT put a 6" backing plate on it the 8" it comes with is to big and awkward, hard to control, and make the pattern to big.

What type of fastener is used to attach a backing plate to these?

Custom Detail
11-27-2010, 02:04 PM
Any DA backing plate with 5/16 fine thread stud will work. the supplied 8" backing plate is a bolt through style. In fact last week took the pad off the air DA and used it on the Dyna worked great.
Something you should Know it works as full DA with button off and in the on position it's like a Flex forced rotation not a true rotary. so if you want to rotary buff something you will need to remove it.
59.00 is a very good price I think I paid 79-89 for the 3 I bought maybe 3 years ago

Derrick
11-27-2010, 03:53 PM
What type of fastener is used to attach a backing plate to these?

You can unscrew the 8 inch backing pad off and screw on the 6 inch backing plate. Should take no more than 2 minutes to complete the job.

That's a good price for that unit.

Derrick

tuscarora dave
11-27-2010, 05:23 PM
Thanks for all the info guys.

Kevin Brown
11-27-2010, 05:36 PM
...I just ordered this kit from Dynabrade that converts your rotary polisher into a random orbital polisher with the push of a button....

From your link and pics, it looks like you ordered the random orbital conversion, part #61374.

Dynabrade also offers a Dual Action Buffing Head.

It allows you to switch between random orbital or forced rotation orbital with the push of a button, part # 61379 or #61384

Not saying you ordered the wrong or right one... just making sure you know that only one lets you push a button to convert the action.

tuscarora dave
11-27-2010, 06:00 PM
From your link and pics, it looks like you ordered the random orbital conversion, part #61374.

Dynabrade also offers a Dual Action Buffing Head.

It allows you to switch between random orbital or forced rotation orbital with the push of a button, part # 61379 or #61384

Not saying you ordered the wrong or right one... just making sure you know that only one lets you push a button to convert the action.
AAAAWWW MAAAAHHN!!!:cry:I wanted the one with the button!!! I can't believe that the one with the button costs less. Dang!! Well maybe this one is better because it costs more.

Kevin Brown
11-27-2010, 06:51 PM
AAAAWWW MAAAAHHN!!!:cry:I wanted the one with the button!!! I can't believe that the one with the button costs less. Dang!! Well maybe this one is better because it costs more.

I can't believe how CHEAP they're selling these attachments. They are up to 60% LESS than everybody else! Good prices, or somebody punched in cost (a discounted cost at that) and forgot to mark their numbers up. That happened to me once, and I got a lot of my SK/Facom tools at a beyond great deal.

Or, they may have simply got a "clean out our warehouse for us and we'll cut you a deal" price from Dynabrade.

Both units are a steal at that price.

Custom Detail
11-27-2010, 07:43 PM
Here the link man that is cheap!!!!!:iagree:

LINK REMOVED

2old2change
11-27-2010, 07:51 PM
Kevin
Which is the more desireable unit to have ? 61374 ,61379 or 61384.