PDA

View Full Version : I need a Leather cleaner !

Pages : [1] 2 3

cobraa
11-26-2010, 02:10 PM
My bottle of lexol cleaner is almost empty and I need a new one. Should I order this or another brand?

I don't want to get leatherique because when I usually interior detailing, I only the car for a day. I can't let the oil suck up for 48 hours or waste 3 hours hair drying the leather..

Are there all the same and just get lexol or there's notable difference?:props:

AeroCleanse
11-26-2010, 02:22 PM
I've heard good things about Leather Master Car Interior Strong Leather Cleaner.

rwright
11-26-2010, 02:32 PM
My bottle of lexol cleaner is almost empty and I need a new one. Should I order this or another brand?

I don't want to get leatherique because when I usually interior detailing, I only the car for a day. I can't let the oil suck up for 48 hours or waste 3 hours hair drying the leather..

You can use the Leatherique Pristine Clean for light duty cleaning. As Aerocleanse mentioned, Leather Masters Strong cleaner is highly used. I haven't used Pinnacle or Wolfgang leather cleaners yet so I can't vouch for them. You do have plenty of options though. Kind of like wax, so many to choose from but will take you so long to go through them. If you decide on something new, write a review for us!

arenared
11-26-2010, 03:05 PM
Lexol is pretty weak IMO. Griot's Leather Rejuvinator is better. I haven't tried LeatherMasters. My first preference is Leatherique, but this really requires a leather that is more porous/open and doesn't have a plastic coating. The absorption is also highly temperature dependent. On a hot day, it is usually absorbed in by the time I get done with the first coat, and then I can apply a second (or third).

So, I would say the optimum product may depend on the type of leather you have, it's condition/what you're trying to accomplish, and the weather and your time :) Like rwright says, it's kind of like wax.

kronos
11-26-2010, 03:21 PM
+1 for Pristine Clean. It does a great job cleaning my seats and leaves a nice matte shine. But not only does it clean, but it also conditions and protects. Great stuff, you wouldn't regret it.

cobraa
11-26-2010, 03:23 PM
Well I have like 10 jar of waxes. I know the game.

but let say I'm looking for an all-around Leather cleaner only ( no need conditionner) that I can work anywhere and doesn't need times to absorb or whatever.

kronos
11-26-2010, 03:32 PM
Pristine Clean! You spray it on, work it with a brush (if needed), and wipe off with a damp towel soaked in warm water. No need to let it sit for more time then it takes to apply and remove.

Edit: A picture of the kind of finish it leaves.

http://i216.photobucket.com/albums/cc256/01540i/DSC_0126.jpg

Silverstone
11-26-2010, 06:14 PM

My local chain hardware store (Ace) sells Lexol cleaner and conditioner. So you don't have to wait or pay shipping.

I've always used it for cleaning, it works great.

JonMiles
11-26-2010, 07:03 PM
My personal preference for leather cleaning is Ultima Interior Shampoo. You can get the leather very clean and use the same stuff for the rest of your interior. Its like an all in one for interiors. Follow up with Ultima Interior Guard Plus for a long lasting satin look and smooth feel.

fairlady350z
11-26-2010, 07:19 PM
Pristine Clean! You spray it on, work it with a brush (if needed), and wipe off with a damp towel soaked in warm water. No need to let it sit for more time then it takes to apply and remove.

Edit: A picture of the kind of finish it leaves.

http://i216.photobucket.com/albums/cc256/01540i/DSC_0126.jpg

That's a little to greasy looking for my taste... I'll stick with Lexol for the time being.

kronos
11-26-2010, 07:26 PM
That's a little to greasy looking for my taste... I'll stick with Lexol for the time being.

That was after applying Optimum Protectant Plus. I remembered just now! I posted that picture in another forum illustrating the finish OPP leaves on leather seats. I imagine application and the type of leather makes a difference. I love it! :props:

rwright
11-26-2010, 07:58 PM

It doesn't leave that finish. I've used it on 3 cars and it just leaves a new appearing finish. You should order a sample bottle of Pinnacle and Wolfgang leather cleaners.

WRAPT C5Z06
11-26-2010, 08:51 PM
Wolfgang leather cleaner works well.

golliger
11-26-2010, 09:19 PM
My personal preference for leather cleaning is Ultima Interior Shampoo. You can get the leather very clean and use the same stuff for the rest of your interior. Its like an all in one for interiors. Follow up with Ultima Interior Guard Plus for a long lasting satin look and smooth feel.
I agree. Ultima Interior Shampoo is very nice.

WRAPT C5Z06
11-27-2010, 12:52 AM
Just found out from Dr. G that optimum power clean can be used un-diluted safely on leather! That is awesome! I'm going to compare it to WG leather cleaner on dirty leather tomorrow.