PDA

View Full Version : How to tell DGPS 3.0 apart from original?

bcwang
11-26-2010, 04:30 AM
I'm wondering if anyone has both the original DGPS and the 3.0 version side by side and can describe a way to differentiate them. Is the color maybe different? Are either of them the same color as the Wolfgang Plastik Sealant?

I have a bottle of DGPS which I think should be the 3.0 version but doesn't have a 3.0 sticker anywhere on it. I just want some way to confirm what it is before I get too far with testing and talking about it to find out I have the wrong version.

Thanks!

Mike T
11-26-2010, 03:11 PM
Hmmm..........

Jason
11-26-2010, 03:31 PM
The new version its be thicker, plus the we have placed a 3.0 label on the bottles.

bcwang
11-26-2010, 08:58 PM
The new version its be thicker, plus the we have placed a 3.0 label on the bottles.

Hmm, that doesn't help unless I've got two bottles to compare with. When I purchased my order does say 3.0, but my bottle doesn't have a 3.0 sticker on it which is why I'm not so sure I have the right version.

Say I only have the wolfgang plastic sealant and one of the versions of the DGPS, is there any easy way to tell which DGPS it is by saying one of them has the color or thickness of the plastik sealant and the other has a different color or thickness?

Or does anyone have both and have a picture of both squirted onto something out of the bottle so the color and thickness can be seen?

DantheMan
11-26-2010, 09:06 PM
I have both, I will check tomorrow and see if I can find anything noticably different.

Jason
11-26-2010, 09:14 PM
Hmm, that doesn't help unless I've got two bottles to compare with. When I purchased my order does say 3.0, but my bottle doesn't have a 3.0 sticker on it which is why I'm not so sure I have the right version.

Say I only have the wolfgang plastic sealant and one of the versions of the DGPS, is there any easy way to tell which DGPS it is by saying one of them has the color or thickness of the plastik sealant and the other has a different color or thickness?

Or does anyone have both and have a picture of both squirted onto something out of the bottle so the color and thickness can be seen?

Were did you get it from?

bcwang
11-28-2010, 05:22 AM
Were did you get it from?

I bought it from the wolfgangcarcare.com website.

IID
11-28-2010, 10:42 AM
I'm subscribed because I placed an order for DGPS3.0 as well.

ScottB
11-28-2010, 11:59 AM
I bought it from the wolfgangcarcare.com website.

I think the newer version has been around for at least two years, first released at a previous DF. They come with a gold 3.0 sticker on the top of bottle, easy to pull off when opening bottle. If you got it here you have more than likely gotten the newer version.

Its slightly slicker initially and thicker as Jason offered, also lasts longer and more glossy too.

bcwang
11-29-2010, 01:56 AM
I think the newer version has been around for at least two years, first released at a previous DF. They come with a gold 3.0 sticker on the top of bottle, easy to pull off when opening bottle. If you got it here you have more than likely gotten the newer version.

Its slightly slicker initially and thicker as Jason offered, also lasts longer and more glossy too.

Hmm, my bottle has a "shake well" sticker at the top of the bottle, not a 3.0 sticker.

Well I certainly hope I got a 3.0 version since that is what I ordered, but I'm still not so sure. I got it sometime mid 2009 so it was closer to when it switched over so it's possible both stock was still available at the time.

If there is no easy visual way to tell the 3.0 apart from the old one, how about based on beading or durability? Is there a big difference in beading properties and how long they last between the two versions? Maybe 3.0 beads better and longer than Fuzion and the original is worse than Fuzion? If that is the case at least I have some metric to compare to.

Dubbin1
11-29-2010, 12:22 PM
I got it sometime mid 2009

If thats the case then I would say you have the 3.0.

BTW the 3.0 sticker on mine is on the side of the bottle right next to where is says Deep Gloss Paint Sealant. The sticker on the top is the shake well one.

bcwang
11-30-2010, 12:49 AM
If thats the case then I would say you have the 3.0.

BTW the 3.0 sticker on mine is on the side of the bottle right next to where is says Deep Gloss Paint Sealant. The sticker on the top is the shake well one.

Yeah hopefully that's the case. A sticker on the side is more likely to fall off.

I just put it on next to some Fuzion. If it lasts longer than Fuzion then it should be the 3.0 right? I heard the original wasn't very durable and Fuzion is considered pretty durable I believe.