PDA

View Full Version : ordering product samples

Miketphoto
11-24-2010, 12:57 PM
Greetings all,

I have been looking at the samples that can be obtained when you order from AG or that can be purchased. I see most products are in the 2 oz range. Is one bottle of polish or wax enough for a normal size car? I have a new Mustang and may order stuff to try on a Lexus as well.

Thanks

jjkacz
11-24-2010, 01:01 PM
I was able to do several coats from the sample when applying it via a DA on a Pathfinder.

rwright
11-24-2010, 01:21 PM
Greetings all,

I have been looking at the samples that can be obtained when you order from AG or that can be purchased. I see most products are in the 2 oz range. Is one bottle of polish or wax enough for a normal size car? I have a new Mustang and may order stuff to try on a Lexus as well.

Thanks

Wax yes. Polishes such as Pinnacle Paintwork Cleansing Lotion or Wolfgang Paintwork Polish Enhancer, I would go with at least two. Swirl removers, no unless you are only doing test spots.

arenared
11-24-2010, 02:01 PM
Wax yes. Polishes such as Pinnacle Paintwork Cleansing Lotion or Wolfgang Paintwork Polish Enhancer, I would go with at least two. Swirl removers, no unless you are only doing test spots.
:iagree:

In my limited experience, I would say that 2 oz is likely just enough for a wax, especially if applied by machine. If by hand, then should be no problem. Products that are more like thick lotions tend to use more than thinner ones in my experience. Application rates vary wildly.

For cleansers/pre-waxes, you will probably need two 2oz samples with some leftover. For more correction swirl removers/compounds, I would recommend at least 4oz on hand.

Dubbin1
11-24-2010, 03:15 PM
2oz of wax is MORE then enough to do a car. You shouldn't have any problems doing both cars with one sample.

Just as rwright says, you should get more for polishes.

Miketphoto
11-24-2010, 03:19 PM
Thanks. I forgot to mention that I am working by hand. I am new to detailing and figured that this is the best way to try out some of the higher end products.

Black Car
11-24-2010, 06:12 PM
I got 4 coats out of my Wolfgang Deep Gloss Sealant. Thin is in!!!