PDA

View Full Version : Pinnalce Signature II vs Liquid Soveran for light silver metallic

cullen2505
12-04-2006, 08:29 PM
Has anyone used both Pinnacle Signature II and Liquid Soveran on light silver metallic paint? In doing a search, I've read that both a good for lighter cars and for metallic paints. Other than one being a paste and one a liquid I couldn't tell much difference. Also read that Signature II may be more durable. If anyone has tried both I would appreciate the input. Thanks!

ryandamartini
12-04-2006, 09:05 PM
Liquid Souveran I think would win in durability and looks on the silver. It deepends and darkens on silver to produce an excellent finish. My vote would be to put 2 layers of Liquid on :D

Surfer
12-04-2006, 09:06 PM
Haven't used either but you can't go wrong with either so....., I'll also put a recommendation in for Collinite 915, I have it on our silver Lincoln and white/champagne colored Lexus topping EX-P, looks tgreat. Flake pops like hell and has a crisp wet look that those colors are hard to get.

ryandamartini
12-04-2006, 09:10 PM
Haven't used either but you can't go wrong with either so....., I'll also put a recommendation in for Collinite 915, I have it on our silver Lincoln and white/champagne colored Lexus topping EX-P, looks tgreat. Flake pops like hell and has a crisp wet look that those colors are hard to get.

Thats an option as well, just dont confuse the new guy too much, if he ever clicks the shop by brand link on the store, his bank account might mysteriously go missing. I swear its a damn conspiracy with car stuff. DO guys have like an extra part of the brain for OooH Prettyy Shinny Car Chemicals?! Seriously, I have a problem! :(

If your going for the Pinnacles on sale, my suggestion still stands with the Liquid.

Gary Sword
12-04-2006, 09:32 PM
I just order some Liquid Souveran to try on my lighter color cars. I did try Pinnacle Signature Series on my silver 85 Vette today. The paint on the car and everything else is all original. I have had the car for 22 years now. I think the Signature looks better then the Souveran paste I put on it about 3 months ago. The Souveran paste does come off easier and smells better. I going to try the Liquid Souveran the next time.

Gary Sword
12-04-2006, 09:38 PM
Pinnacle Signature on 85 Vette Original Paint
http://www.autogeekonline.net/gallery/data/500/85Vette_CO2.jpg

cullen2505
12-05-2006, 12:02 AM
Thats an option as well, just dont confuse the new guy too much, if he ever clicks the shop by brand link on the store, his bank account might mysteriously go missing. I swear its a damn conspiracy with car stuff. DO guys have like an extra part of the brain for OooH Prettyy Shinny Car Chemicals?! Seriously, I have a problem! :(

If your going for the Pinnacles on sale, my suggestion still stands with the Liquid.

Thanks for the suggestion. Here's my suggestion for a new AG acronym:

AGA = AutoGeek's Anonymous

The thing is that I can't go onto Autogeek.net without seeing something that I don't need but that I really want. Do they offer payroll deduction?

supercharged
12-05-2006, 03:18 AM
used both, both will give about the same results. Liquid Souveran will have a better durability.

ScottB
12-07-2006, 10:52 AM
I always found Souveran to still be the king, even on silver.

http://www.autogeekonline.net/gallery/data/500/medium/dressed.JPG

http://www.autogeekonline.net/gallery/data/500/medium/lowered.JPG