PDA

View Full Version : annual TEXAS meet CONFIRMED

Tex Star Detail
12-04-2006, 07:13 PM
OK detailers!
Annual Texas Meet time.....

Date: MARCH 24th (Saturday)
Place: AUSTIN Texas..... Walnut Creek Metro Park

Mark your calendars and call in sick.....errrr....take vacation:)

This meet will be combined with the Annual Texas S-Series (s-10 pickup) Meet,
as well as the Trailblazer and Envoy Meet that I am part of. We are looking to make this a big turn out, and even bigger in the years to come.

Here are the directions... (copied and pasted)
from san antonio:

* I35 north. pass through austin. take the parmer lane exit. take a left at the light (go over the overpass). take a left onto lamar. go through the 1st light on lamar. take a right into the first entrance after a church.

from dallas:

* I35 south. take parmer lane exit. veer right onto parmer lane from access road. take a left onto lamar. go through the 1st light on lamar. take a right into the first entrance after a church.

from houston:

* take 290 to austin. when you hit I35, go north. take parmer lane exit. take a left at the light (go over the overpass). take a left onto lamar. go through the 1st light on lamar. take a right into the first entrance after a church.

once you turn into the park head down the park road until you see a lot of trucks in a big parking lot.

the park's physical address is:

walnut creek metro park
12138 N Lamar Blvd
austin, tx 78753

The meet will be at the walnut creek metro park, which is slightly north of austin, at 11:00 AM. so come on out to talk detailing and hang out. you provide your own lunch. we are going to rent the pavillion so we will have protection from the elements and access to the big grille. Then possibly end the night at a local car show (TBD).

More details to come. I will see if canopies are allowed. Also, will see if a water hookup is present, as well as electrical outlets. If not, I will be able to bring my trailor (maybe van by then) with a generator on it.

More details to come....

cwcad
12-04-2006, 07:17 PM
Well it sounds like a good time. I hope that I am still in the area when that time comes around. No matter what, I know you will post pictures for all that cannot attend.

Reddwarf
12-04-2006, 09:30 PM
Sounds good. I might be able to make that.

Tex Star Detail
12-05-2006, 05:08 PM
Hope you can!!!!!!

P1et
12-05-2006, 05:11 PM
I'll be there!

Tex Star Detail
12-05-2006, 05:17 PM
I'll be there!
good deal!

UPDATE.....

No water or electical outlets. I will MOST LIKELY be able to bring my generator, pressure washer, and water tank.....

White95DodgeRam
12-05-2006, 05:23 PM
ouch why must i live out so far west ?

Tex Star Detail
12-05-2006, 05:28 PM
Road Triiiiiiiiiiiiiiip!!!!!!!!!

White95DodgeRam
12-05-2006, 05:48 PM
i was in autin all but 2 weeks and some change ago....but im not sure if just visiting 6th street counts as a trip or not ;)

Truls
12-05-2006, 05:53 PM
Lucky bas""rds, hope you guys/girls bring your cameras. need pictures here. or Video cameras would be GREAT

abrcrombe
12-05-2006, 08:35 PM
Yeah I'm with Truls. Wish I could make it, but too far of a drive for me.

Tex Star Detail
12-05-2006, 09:50 PM
Lucky bas""rds, hope you guys/girls bring your cameras. need pictures here. or Video cameras would be GREAT

I will probably be out there with the laptop with updates....but then again....I may be having too much fun and forget about it....lol