PDA

View Full Version : Question on Straight Line Method (SLM) for LSPs

Waxmax
11-23-2010, 09:47 AM
I may have missed it, but when applying a wax or sealant on the SIDES of a vehicle using the SLM, do you go up and down, or side to side along the length of the vehicle?

I have read that going up and down on the sides might produce better reflection?

Please set me "straight". Thank you.

Mike Phillips
11-23-2010, 10:17 AM
If I were to use the straightline method for applying a wax or paint sealant, according to the theory of why to use this technique, I would apply in the direction the wind would blow over the car if you were driving the car down the road, that is from the front-end of the car to the rearend of the car.

I've read that some recommend applying the wax up and down, from top to bottom on the vertical sides but reality is the goal is a clear finish with no swirls or scratches, how you move your hand won't change how clear the finish is, this is a result of the product you're using... assuming your application material isn't dulling the paint down.

Factors that affect how aggressive or non-aggressive a product is... (http://www.autogeekonline.net/forum/auto-detailing-101/28458-factors-affect-how-aggressive-non-aggressive-product.html)

:)