PDA

View Full Version : 2 Sealer/Wax question...

ROMEO
11-22-2010, 05:08 PM
First case:

I had 2 coats of P21 100% that was cured and I was finishing my wife's car and I toped mine with menz power lock.
So the question is, did I wasted the power lock? Or would the power lock seal the wax as well?

Second case:

Today I washed the jeep with ONR, and it cleaned it good, but it seem to me as if it killed the shine some, so I added some more P21 100% waited an hour and put some wolfgang spray sealer.
So, did I just removed the P21? Opinions on me doing this?

Mike T
11-22-2010, 05:13 PM
Wolfgang's spray sealer is just an LSP. I believe it has no cleaning properties.

ROMEO
11-22-2010, 08:54 PM
The only reason I was wondering if the wolfgang spray sealer had removed the wax is because I didn't wait 12-24 hours before toping it.

Kurt_s
11-22-2010, 09:17 PM
First case:

I had 2 coats of P21 100% that was cured and I was finishing my wife's car and I toped mine with menz power lock.
So the question is, did I wasted the power lock? Or would the power lock seal the wax as well?

Second case:

Today I washed the jeep with ONR, and it cleaned it good, but it seem to me as if it killed the shine some, so I added some more P21 100% waited an hour and put some wolfgang spray sealer.
So, did I just removed the P21? Opinions on me doing this?

Normally sealants need clean paint to bond. Wax can layer over sealants. Supposedly, Opti-seal is one of the few sealants that can be applied over waxes as it migrates to the paint surface.

ONR normally amps up the gloss in my experience, however the look may change slightly depending on the LSP. I was under the impression that WG spray sealant is a spray sealant and should be applied to clean paint. The website suggests that you could use the spray sealant over existing LSP to extend protection. It may be fine or you may find that you will want to rewax if you lose beading and the shine you want.

Mike T
11-22-2010, 10:40 PM
Normally sealants need clean paint to bond. Wax can layer over sealants. Supposedly, Opti-seal is one of the few sealants that can be applied over waxes as it migrates to the paint surface.

ONR normally amps up the gloss in my experience, however the look may change slightly depending on the LSP. I was under the impression that WG spray sealant is a spray sealant and should be applied to clean paint. The website suggests that you could use the spray sealant over existing LSP to extend protection. It may be fine or you may find that you will want to rewax if you lose beading and the shine you want.

Your impression was correct.

ROMEO
11-23-2010, 04:06 PM

I'm not blaming ONR, it could have been something on the paint, user error or who knows...

I have always apply the sealers to clean paint, but in this 2 cases I just had it on my hand and put it on, I think I have come to like the feel of fresh sealer more than fresh wax, (Or I have not find the best wax for me). But the whole time I was just wondering what I was wasting... Ether way, I like the look on both, just wondering about durability... :xyxthumbs: