PDA

View Full Version : Optimum Hyper Compound & headlights

skipper1
11-21-2010, 10:39 PM
Has anyone tried a 4" pad, PC7424 or G110 V2 and Optimum Hyper Compound on headlights? You'd think if it was able to take scratches out of a car, it could clear up headlights.

Toymachine2009
11-22-2010, 12:54 AM
Subscribed.

skipper1
11-22-2010, 08:32 AM
Subscribed.

What does that mean?

Chris Thomas
11-22-2010, 10:49 AM
It will take the yellow off and swirls, but you need to sand for deep defects. Always remember to reseal the headlights with something after removing the OEM UV coating via any abrasive product.

BTW: subscribed means that he is interested in the answers to your question and has "subscribed" to the thread to monitor it. If you aren't aware that you can do this, its a pretty hand forum tool. I have my account set so that I am automatically subscribed to all threads I post in. Then when I want to check on them, I don't have to search...I just click subscriptions under the quicklinks tab.

skipper1
11-22-2010, 07:19 PM
It will take the yellow off and swirls, but you need to sand for deep defects. Always remember to reseal the headlights with something after removing the OEM UV coating via any abrasive product.

BTW: subscribed means that he is interested in the answers to your question and has "subscribed" to the thread to monitor it. If you aren't aware that you can do this, its a pretty hand forum tool. I have my account set so that I am automatically subscribed to all threads I post in. Then when I want to check on them, I don't have to search...I just click subscriptions under the quicklinks tab.

Thanks for your answer. I've done a few headlights...sanding then M105, 205 & Plastix. When I saw the demo of Optimum Hyper Compound...I thought about headlights too. And thanks for the "subscribe" tip too.