PDA

View Full Version : Schmitt Wash Glove??

Pages : [1] 2

WRAPT C5Z06
11-21-2010, 06:57 PM
I used this today for the first time and I did not like it at all. It definitely holds a lot of water/soap, but that's the problem, it holds it. It doesn't seem to release and spread the soap on the paint, thus really taking away from lubricity. If you constantly squeeze it, it releases some, but I like using a chenille/microfiber mitt a whole lot more!! I'm a bit baffled why optimum came out with the same type of glove for ONR. This is my experience, anyone actually like these?

Shane731
11-21-2010, 07:11 PM
I got one with the bucket promo when AG had that going on, but admittedly I've never used it. It's still in the packaging. If anybody wants it, just pay me for shipping and you can have it, because I'll never use it.

LuxuryMobile
11-21-2010, 07:14 PM
Cierra pm sent.

WRAPT C5Z06
11-21-2010, 07:23 PM
I got one with the bucket promo when AG had that going on, but admittedly I've never used it. It's still in the packaging. If anybody wants it, just pay me for shipping and you can have it, because I'll never use it.
Shane, that's how I got mine. Glad I didn't pay for it. :)

Old Tiger
11-21-2010, 07:25 PM
I use thee black one on wheels & wells and love it. I prefer sponges to mitts. I think a mitt is a PITA to take off & put on. I like the AA chanille and the LC Garage Sponges over all mitts except the black one. It protects your hand in the wells.

WRAPT C5Z06
11-21-2010, 07:29 PM
I use thee black one on wheels & wells and love it. I prefer sponges to mitts. I think a mitt is a PITA to take off & put on. I like the AA chanille and the LC Garage Sponges over all mitts except the black one. It protects your hand in the wells.
Jim, I could see how these could work well in wheel wells.

I don't put my hands in mitts, just put it on top.

The sponges absorb to much liquid, not sure how that's good?

Harleyguy
11-21-2010, 09:10 PM
Mine fell apart now i have two sponges a large one the bottom, and a slim one the back of the mitt .:xyxthumbs:

NYC-Style
11-21-2010, 09:23 PM
Tried them and they're probably only good for wheels...I was not impressed at all!!

Old Tiger
11-21-2010, 11:07 PM
Jim, I could see how these could work well in wheel wells.

I don't put my hands in mitts, just put it on top.

The sponges absorb to much liquid, not sure how that's good?
Black is well worth it for tires too!

watermark
11-21-2010, 11:14 PM
I'm definitely in the minority here, but I love my Schmitt. I've used MF mitts, gloves, grout sponges, Lake County mitts, you name it, I've tried it, and the only thing that I stick with is my Schmitt. I use the white side for everything but the front fender and the rocker panels, and I use the yellow side for those. Two bucket method, and no swirls. If there's something better, I'm up to trying it, but for my money, I'm very satisfied with the Schmitt.

IOMCAMARO
11-21-2010, 11:17 PM
I personally have never tried the Schmitt because I am satisfied with my Adam's washpads. They are some kind sheepskin mitts.

WRAPT C5Z06
11-21-2010, 11:31 PM
Black is well worth it for tires too!
Is the black one more coarse than the white one?

IOMCAMARO
11-21-2010, 11:34 PM
Yea I guess that's right. The black is coarse and the white is soft.

Silverstone
11-22-2010, 05:53 AM
Is the black one more coarse than the white one?

The black is very coarse.

SeaJay's
11-22-2010, 07:48 AM
I have the schmitt and do use it pretty often. I switch it up between my sheep skin mitt and the schmitt. I do like it alot and having the yellow courser pad on the back makes it great for front ends that have a lot of bugs.

I do notice that it holds a lot of water, but a simple squeeze and it's good to go. I also use it after foaming and with a two bucket method, so there is already a ton of lube on the car.