PDA

View Full Version : What do you think.

Excessive Detail
12-04-2006, 12:59 PM
This morning after dragging myself out of bed, I was browsing around AG and came across the slae items and bam. there it was, Pinnicle Souvergn, the god of wax, for only 59.00, I was speechless, but still its a far amount of money. I was also amazed at all the other stuff on sale, wow, I hate AG, jj. So I started wondering is it really that good, I mean 59.00 is a steal, but my question to you is, if you put Sov. side by side, lets say you taped of the hood down the center, sov. on one side and another nuba like max wax or pb nattys, could you really tell the difference, is it that good? I mean I've seen all the pics from members and yes it does look amazing, but is really worth all that dough?

Kelso
12-04-2006, 01:11 PM
its the best... its just that little extra that makes it stand out. i remember jen put 4 side by side on one hood and she basically said souveran looked the best but they all looked good. i think the others were max wax, nattys blue and one other one

ScottB
12-04-2006, 01:33 PM
its truly worth 79.99 .....

FloridaNative
12-04-2006, 03:23 PM
Yes, I did put 4 waxes side by side on my hood. I used Souveran paste, Signature Series II, Max Wax and Natty's Blue. I thought the Signature Series II and the Max Wax looked very similar, but to my eyes the Souveran outshone them all. It was clearly visible to me with my eyes, but in my pics it was hard to see. I love my Souveran. It is my absolute favorite wax. :)

Excessive Detail
12-04-2006, 03:59 PM
Yes, I did put 4 waxes side by side on my hood. I used Souveran paste, Signature Series II, Max Wax and Natty's Blue. I thought the Signature Series II and the Max Wax looked very similar, but to my eyes the Souveran outshone them all. It was clearly visible to me with my eyes, but in my pics it was hard to see. I love my Souveran. It is my absolute favorite wax. :)

Thats what I figured, I just thought I'd ask, I guess I know what I'm buying myself for christmas, how many cars could you do with one can doing 1 layer apps. How did the natty's square up with the others in your test.

abrcrombe
12-04-2006, 04:13 PM
Definitely worth it... I haven't used up my jar yet, but I feel I get a lot more out of it when compared to Natty's. Souveran goes on so thin that this jar will last quite a while...

Sevenrd
12-04-2006, 06:15 PM
For dark colors, I think it's worth it. Nothing I've used has given a deeper, wetter look on black than souveran. On lighter colors I don't notice enough of a difference from something like NB to justify the cost.

ltoman
12-05-2006, 12:53 AM
How do you feel about the Pinnacle crystal mist between coatings of Souveran? Or do you have a better suggestion?
Thanks,
Lauren:) :)

ltoman
12-05-2006, 12:54 AM
For dark colors, I think it's worth it. Nothing I've used has given a deeper, wetter look on black than souveran. On lighter colors I don't notice enough of a difference from something like NB to justify the cost.
How about on dark burgundy metallic? Souveran or signature series 2? Beautiful flakes inthe new metallic paint.
Ideas, guys?
Lauren

supercharged
12-05-2006, 03:01 AM
:iagree: , you will have to use it on dark colors to truly see the difference.
Out of Souveran paste you will get around 25 applications out of one jar.
Poorboy's Natty Blue is a very good wax also (for the buck).

supercharged
12-05-2006, 03:03 AM
How do you feel about the Pinnacle crystal mist between coatings of Souveran? Or do you have a better suggestion?
Thanks,
Lauren:) :)
Yep, use it as QD after washing, and in between wax applications.

supercharged
12-05-2006, 03:05 AM
How about on dark burgundy metallic? Souveran or signature series 2? Beautiful flakes inthe new metallic paint.
Ideas, guys?
Lauren
It depends on what kind of results you are looking for. If you want those metallic flakes to pop - then use SSII. If you want to have a soaking wet finish - Souveran paste.