PDA

View Full Version : Newbie with a question.

ecool
11-20-2010, 02:26 PM
I just picked up a PC and I am in the process of getting supplies to use it for the first time. I stopped at a local automotive store and they had Malco products for sale. Anyone know anything about them or used them? This is what the guy working there suggested that I use as a good AIO.

MPI - NANO CARE™ POLISHING CREME (http://www.malcopro.com/index.php?page=shop.product_details&flypage=shop.flypage&product_id=415&category_id=22&manufacturer_id=0&option=com_virtuemart&Itemid=101)

Bobby B.
11-20-2010, 02:33 PM
The XMT 360 is a great AIO product. I would use The Lake Country CCS Green or White Polishing Pads. Never tried Malco products?

Mike Phillips
11-20-2010, 02:37 PM
I've never used Malco products before, heard of them but have not used them.

Generally speaking, if the products work as advertised then it comes down to choosing and using the right buffing pads and good technique and you should be able to reach your goal.

The Autogeek forum is primarily for supporting the products sold on the We Are Car Care -- Car Wax, Car Polish, Auto Detailing Supplies, Car Buffers & Car Accessories Store (http://www.Autogeek.net) store so keep that in mind but were not hard and fast with that rule.

AIO stands for All In One Product or generically a Cleaner/Wax and a quality cleaner/wax can tackle a lot of detailing projects depending upon the current condition of the paint and the goal you're trying to accomplish.

So....

What are you working on?
What is your goal?

Also, when you say you picked up a PC does that mean you just bought a new XP model or you picked up a good used, first generation PC?

:)

ecool
11-20-2010, 09:29 PM
I've never used Malco products before, heard of them but have not used them.

Generally speaking, if the products work as advertised then it comes down to choosing and using the right buffing pads and good technique and you should be able to reach your goal.

The Autogeek forum is primarily for supporting the products sold on the We Are Car Care -- Car Wax, Car Polish, Auto Detailing Supplies, Car Buffers & Car Accessories Store (http://www.Autogeek.net) store so keep that in mind but were not hard and fast with that rule.

AIO stands for All In One Product or generically a Cleaner/Wax and a quality cleaner/wax can tackle a lot of detailing projects depending upon the current condition of the paint and the goal you're trying to accomplish.

So....

What are you working on?
What is your goal?

Also, when you say you picked up a PC does that mean you just bought a new XP model or you picked up a good used, first generation PC?

:)
My brother bought me a reconditioned PC 7346sp. I am going to try and remove fine scratches and swirls from my two cars and my wife's SUV.

lexterminator
11-28-2010, 10:49 PM
Hi there, I do have a lot of Malco products because there is a local retailer in my hometown.

The Nano Care Polishing Creme is my favorite product that Malco offers. I actually prefer the Nano Care Polishing Cream over the Pinnacle Advance Finishing Polish, it breaks and is effective faster. It also has a bit of cleaning ability, able to remove hazing and light scratches. I have a black Raven CTS (non metallic) which is very very fussy with micro marring, the Nano care is one of the rare that works great for me. You can try with a Lake Country polishing pad (white pad) either by hand or with a machine. If you have a metallic paint you will be pleased with the results. Will bring back sparkle and great gloss prior to wax the car.

For washing, waxing, swirl removal, Pinnacle, Wolfgang and Meguiars have better offerings than Malco but do have some decent alternatives if you have easy access to Malco products.

Send me a PM if you want feedback on other Malco products if you have questions

cheers !

Alex.