PDA

View Full Version : How often to use spray wax?

Pages : [1] 2

AMarkham40
11-20-2010, 09:09 AM
Hey guys, I was wondering how often I should use my Optimum Spray Car Wax? I have a 2011 Hyundai Sonata daily driver. I sealed it with 4* UPP a month ago and after my last wash about 10 days ago I used Optimum Spray Car Wax for the first time **love it!!**. Getting ready to wash it again since we had some rain this week but wasn't sure if I should keep layering the spray wax or use something else like a quick detailer. I have a bottle of Lucas Slick Mist for that. Thanks for any help.

Joe in PA
11-20-2010, 09:23 AM
I use a spray wax after every maintenance wash as part of the drying procedure.

Setec Astronomy
11-20-2010, 09:23 AM
If you have the time and can afford it, I'd use it after every wash...as someone here has in their signature..."the best way to get that 'just-waxed' look is to have just waxed..." There's certainly no harm in using it after every wash, and it's actually promoted (or was) as a drying aid or something that you can use while drying. If you're going to be using a lot it's available in a gallon size, lol.

Seriously though, I have often thought if you live in a climate where you can wash every 1-2 weeks (i.e., no real winter), can get a good base on (your UPP), that you could maintain your car almost indefinitely by using something like OCW or AW or Z-8 after every wash.

ScottB
11-20-2010, 11:10 AM
In general detailing sprays (ie. qder+) products are usually used as a drying aid, although some spray waxes really seem to do well here too. There is no real rule, its what you feel is best. I spray wax or spray sealant more often on daily driver to avoid long wax sessions, well prior to Opticoat.

BobbyG
11-20-2010, 11:39 AM
The benefit of having spray waxes is they can be used after every wash session. Using them in this way maintains this protective barrier against the elements of nature and allowing your ride to look its best.

Two I use and really like are Optimum Spray Wax and Pinnacle Souverän™ Liquid Spray Wax. Both are nearly identical in both application and performance. Many times I'll use these in place of a detail spray.

Mike Phillips
11-20-2010, 01:48 PM
If you have the time and can afford it, I'd use it after every wash...as someone here has in their signature..."the best way to get that 'just-waxed' look is to have just waxed..." There's

I've seen that in someone's sig line, forget who... but I wrote that...

"The best way to get that just waxed look is to just wax it"

:)

trhland
11-20-2010, 02:58 PM
SOUVERAN SPRAY WAX is fantastic if i dont have time for a waxing.

Rsurfer
11-20-2010, 06:14 PM
Try using Optimum Opti Clean as a waterless wash. You won't need a spray wax after using OOC...leaves a lot of polymers on the paint, nice and glossy. If you need to do a full wash, it only takes 15 more mins. to use Optimum Spray Wax.

slickooz
11-20-2010, 06:16 PM
Do you guys wash your car before spray waxing? I bought ultimate spray wax from Meg, and haven't had the chance to use it yet.

trhland
11-20-2010, 06:42 PM
i always wash before spraying any spray wax...

MetaEnder
11-20-2010, 06:48 PM
Do you guys wash your car before spray waxing? I bought ultimate spray wax from Meg, and haven't had the chance to use it yet.

I do my usual wash routine and then shoot some spray wax on a MF towel while the car is still wet. I wipe down the entire car adding more wax when necessary continue to dry it like normal.

At the end the finish is covered in a haze and I just buff it right off.

I know it's not as resilient as other waxes, but it's great as a quicky!

Rsurfer
11-20-2010, 08:20 PM
Yes, always wash before using a spray wax. A quick detailer can be used on a slightly dusty car.

Setec Astronomy
11-20-2010, 08:30 PM
I've seen that in someone's sig line, forget who... but I wrote that...

"The best way to get that just waxed look is to just wax it"

Ha ha, sorry Mike if I stole that from you...although I think it was Tom from the old days (from the Miata club somewhere along the NJ/PA border) that had it in his sig...I can't even remember his user name now....oh, Mosca!

Dr Oldz
11-20-2010, 10:23 PM
Simple answer to original question: After every wash unless I am Hand waxing or polishing ect...

DARK HORSE
11-20-2010, 10:35 PM
Simple answer to original question: After every wash unless I am Hand waxing or polishing ect...

YES!! :props: